Senior Solutions Architect, VMware
Toronto, Ontario, CAN
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") would like to hire a senior Solutions Architect ("SA") in Canada for our 'VMware Cloud on AWS' ("VMCA") team. If you like helping customers implement innovative computing solutions and solve technical problems, this opportunity may be a great fit! The SA brings a unique combination of technical skills and business acumen to helping customers leverage AWS and VMware technologies in a successful, business-transformative manner.
VMCA is an integrated cloud offering jointly developed by AWS and VMware: https://aws.amazon.com/vmware/. It delivers a highly scalable, secure and innovative service that allows organizations to seamlessly migrate and extend their on-premises VMware vSphere-based environments to the AWS cloud, running on next-generation Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) bare metal infrastructure. VMCA allows customers to run VMware's Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack and leverage VMware's virtualization and management software to seamlessly deploy and manage VMware workloads across their on-premises and VMCA environments.
As an SA specializing in VMCA, you will work directly with customers interested in leveraging VMCA as part of their cloud journeys. Specialized SAs partner with customers from business and technical perspectives. This can range from executive-level discussions on overall cloud strategy to deep technical engagements with customer development, infrastructure and architecture teams. Bar-raising candidates for this SA opportunity must have (1) deep technical skills and hands-on experience with VMware technologies such as ESXi, NSX or vSAN, as well as (2) strong understandings of software architecture and cloud computing. (For an understanding of "bar-raising" here at Amazon, feel free to review the following articles: https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/workplace/hire-power-how-amazonians-raise-the-bar-with-every-interview and https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/workplace/how-amazon-hires.)
As a trusted customer advocate, the SA needs to understand best practices around advanced AWS and VMware solutions. The SA will architect and build solutions for a broad range of customer use cases such as hybrid architectures, migrations and application modernization initiatives. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical, and the SA should have demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products and technical challenges.
Bar-raising candidates for this SA opportunity must have great written and verbal communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to earn trust with AWS customers and partners at any level, from executive to developer. We're looking for builders to help us innovate the future of cloud computing.
This position can be 'virtual' as to work location, so long as the work location is relatively near AWS offices in Toronto or Montreal.
· 5+ years of technical, direct experience working with VMware and/or AWS technologies: candidates will need to be hands-on with the technologies
· 3+ years of experience in technical consultant, technical sales, professional services or similar customer-facing roles: candidates will need to have a proven track record of success in these types of customer-oriented positions
· 4-year university/college degree in computer science, math, engineering or similar 'STEM' fields; in lieu of such a degree, additional years of experience beyond the minimums listed above will be considered
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
· Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to executives
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to collaborate effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
· Master's or other advanced degree in computer science, math, engineering or similar 'STEM' fields
· Expert-level experience with data-center networks and network topologies
· Expert software architecture skills and experience building complex software systems
· DevOps experience with AWS and/or VMware technologies
· AWS solutions architecture certification as 'associate' or 'professional'
· VMware professional-level certification (VCP, VCIX, VCDX)
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Job tags: AWS EC2 Virtualization VMware
Job region(s): North America