Head of Platform Engineering (Remote)
Head of Platform Engineering (Remote; must be US based)
Handled is the fastest growing home services and local moving platform in the United States - and we are looking for a Head of Platform Development to join our team.
As a technology company, our software is at the very heart of our mission - Helping The World Feel at Home - and you’ll be involved in working on and designing the core of our offerings.
The platform team is a growing group of engineers dedicated to building the modules that drive the Handled platform. We work across all company initiatives to build durable systems that solve needs for today and position Handled for what is on the horizon. To achieve this, our engineers are highly communicative and comfortable working with stakeholders across the organization to understand where the business is heading.
Handled is a fast-moving, entrepreneurial start-up backed by the largest players in the industry. In our work at Handled, we seek to be humble, nimble, creative, hardworking and collaborative - and believe these are the keys to reaching our goals. We’re an inclusive, remote-first organization with team members all over the United States (and a few outside of it as well!).
What you will do:
- Be a coding, working technology leader who doesn't want to merely point at stuff and tell people what to do. But in the past has generally ended up getting put into those positions because you provide that sort of value and leadership.
- Bring an entrepreneurial bend and business savvy because you are more interested in getting to the right business outcomes than lovingly handcrafting the most ideal recursive bubble sort.
- Help lead Product & Design team members to bring features from concept to launch
- Write clean, high-quality code and tests while keeping the user experience fast and reliable
- Help lead development life cycle activities including design, coding, testing, and releases
What You Should Bring With You:
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience in B2C
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud or similar cloud platform services
- Experience with micro-services architecture and orchestration
- Experience building and leading the development of high fidelity integrations with customer relationship management platforms, ideally Hubspot.
- Experience with Apache Kafka - event streaming, event sourcing, and KSQL
- Track record of leading the delivering production systems/services
- Passionate about UX and UI performance
- Health Care: We have multiple plans, including an option where we take care of your monthly premiums for you and your dependents, 100%
- Generous PTO policy
- A supportive, entrepreneurial environment where you will create a real Individual Development Plan that YOU define and own and we help you achieve
- 100% Remote First Company