Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Ready to grow your career in the cloud? Do you like the feeling that you are making a difference?
This is your chance to be an integral part of a dynamic team of talented professionals deploying and maintaining innovative, industry-leading, cloud-based software.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE is a key role in our growing and dynamic IBM Planning Analytics on Cloud organization. This technical role is focused on deploying, maintaining, and automating wide ranges of operational tasks for the IBM Planning Analytics on Cloud application. You will work collaboratively with the entire cloud organization and IBM vendors to support, maintain, and operationally improve the reliability of the application.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services
- You’ll work with customers to help them resolve their issues or queries
- You’ll maintain the reliability, stability, and efficiency of the platform, including being an active participant in incident response and incident management, which may include being on-call
- You’ll automate and optimize processes using tools like Ansible, Rundeck, New Relic, Github, and Jira
Who You Are:
- You have programming experience in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Ansible or Shell scripting
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for customer success and learning new technologies
- You have very strong verbal and written communication skills, including having attention to details
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems
- You are familiar with operating systems such as Linux and Windows
- You are able to work shifts (22:00-06:00 UTC from March to October and 23:00-07:00 UTC from November to February)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ Years of experience in IT Industry
- Source and project control (GitHub Enterprise, ZenHub, Jira)
- Monitoring and logging tools (Nagios, QRadar, New Relic, sysdig, logDNA)
- Continuous Integration platforms (Jenkins, Terraform, TeamCity, Travis CI)
- Familiarity with load balancing, geo routing, and proxying
- Networking – Firewalls and Load Balancing (Vyatta, StrongSwan)
- NoSQL databases, key-stores and other data-structure solutions (MongoDB, Redis)
- Virtual application and web servers (Apache, NGINX, WebSphere, IIS)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Apache C CI Go Jira Linux Load Balancing MongoDB Nginx Python Redis Reliability engineering Terraform Windows
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific