Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote Working (UK)
London, England, United Kingdom
Senior Systems Engineer / DevOps - London or Remote (in the UK)
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities. In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. We were also listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort and medium-sized and a Tech Company of the Year 2020 finalist - solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
Overview of our Engineering Team:
Zego puts technology first in its mission to define the future of the insurance industry. By focusing on our customers needs we're building the flexible and sustainable insurance products and services that they deserve. And we do that by empowering a diverse, resourceful, and creative team of world-class engineers that thrive on challenge and innovation.
Purpose of the Role:
You will play a key role in shaping the future of the System Engineering function at Zego
- You will be part of the team ultimately responsible for uptime of Zego Platform.
- You will collaborate closely with Product Engineers to help build secure, scalable and reliable products and services.
- You will help us run even more efficient sprints through helping follow Agile Methodologies and apply them to our day to day work.
What you will be working on:
- You will contribute to code reviews and mentoring of other engineers.
- You will contribute to further development of Zego Hosting Platform used by our engineers to build next generation of products and services.
- You will work to improve our existing CI / CD pipelines and delivery processes.
- You will help make our monitoring systems more efficient and user friendly
What you will need to be successful in the Role:
We are looking for people who have analytical and troubleshooting skills, architects and operations minded engineers who embrace DevOps methodologies to improve the product and exhibit a willingness to learn and apply new technology.
Experience should include (preferred):
- Coding and scripting (Bash, Python, Golang)
- Automation - API integrations
- Configuring Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation, Crossplane)
- Configuration management and Immutable patterns
- Cloud services (AWS, GCP)
- Container management and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Networking (especially in cloud environments, eg. AWS VPC)
What's it like to work at Zego?
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.