QA Automation Engineer, OTT Monetization
New York, NY
Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute and sell their amazing videos through our customer-branded websites and apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Roku. Our core technology is a React and Rails web app through which creators administer multiple video products and viewers watch and pay for videos.
The OTT Monetization team builds tools that enables creators to sell subscriptions to their videos, from checkout experience to financial reporting. We’re looking for an ambitious and collaborative QA engineer to join our team and help us modernize our automated testing infrastructure, coverage, and processes.
We’re a team that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, and celebrates technical excellence. We continuously ship small improvements to help our creators. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great tech.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, QA Analysts, and Product Leads, to define and implement Vimeo OTT’s test automation strategy and best practices
- Create robust, flexible automated test suites to be run within a continuous integration workflow and in local development environments
- Build on and improve Vimeo OTT’s automated testing infrastructure using your knowledge of Ruby on Rails testing and best practices
- Build reporting to continuously measure progress on Vimeo OTT’s development lifecycle and product quality
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 2 + years of Automated Software Testing Experience
- Proficiency in providing clear Automated Results Reports based on test cycles
- Experience with CI environments such as CircleCI, Travis, or Jenkins
- Experience interacting with and testing HTTP APIs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to capture and provide supporting data
- Comfortable collaborating with other Testers, Software Engineers, and Product Leads
- Ability to recognize and run diagnosis on visual and functional regressions
- Creative thinking to optimize test approach and efficiency
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.