Senior DevOps Engineer - Automation Developer
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what’s now to what’s next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
The Automation Engineer is responsible for design and development of innovative solutions for Global Automation team into different types of cloud and cloud/hybrid systems for both Hitachi Vantara and Hitachi Vantara Customers. This position will also serve on the Global Automation Team. The idea behind the role is to leverage build DevOps solutions and automation workflows for Hitachi Vantara.
It is a developer role with some flavor of CI/CD work. 70% of the work profile is writing code and building solutions, while 30% is around DevOps practices to implement and rollout-built solutions.
Automation Developer must demonstrate the following attributes:
● Expertise – Collaborate Platform teams, and Hitachi Vantara Internal teams, to architect and design and support cloud solutions.
● Delivery – Complete architecture assessments across projects, prove use of secure solutions to support new distributed computing solutions that span cloud services.
● Technology Strategy - Work with engineering, and management to create technology roadmaps for Hitachi Vantara.
- Design and develop secure architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid-based systems.
● Possess a good understanding of the offerings within any cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) or private cloud environments.
● Based on business requirements, design, develop and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to Hitachi Vantara and with appropriate security controls present.
● Write code to automate repeatable jobs and build automation workflows.
● Write playbooks to automate deployments and scaling of the environment.
● Represents System Innovation Team in development, implementation, and support of cloud systems. Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for DevOps while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout Hitachi Vantara in design and implementation of cloud and cloud/hybrid-based implementations and solutions.
● Works with Engineering, Platform, and MGS organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into Hitachi Vantara environments.
● Ability to estimate the work and prioritize
● Lead a team of 2-4 members and ensure smooth delivery of the solutions
- College degree or High School diploma/equivalent relevant developer work experience (5+ years)
● 2+ year experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)/Azure/GCP
● Strong coding skills in any programming or scripting language. Python is preferred one.
● Good understanding of server-side scripting languages and event driven programming.
● Understanding of fundamental design principles for scalability.
● Aptitude for fixing recurring issues by automating repeatable operational tasks
● Strong unit test and debugging skills.
● Ability to create database schemas required for the solutions.
● Complete understanding of RESTful APIs and services.
● Write well designed and optimized code.
● Perform code reviews for the peers and juniors.
● Knowledge of caching, search, and messaging queues.
● Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.) preferred.
● Knowledge about service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
● Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
● Technical writing experience
● Expertise of working with Agile/SCRUM environments to deliver high-quality solutions
- Cloud Architecture related certifications
● Experience of working and building container related and serverless architectures
● Strong Experience with scripting languages like Python
● Experience with distributed source control like Git, including branching, merging and release management
● Experience with Orchestration Tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.
● Good understanding of CI best practices and tooling, preferably Jenkins.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.