Cybersecurity Analytics and Automation Engineer
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
OVERVIEW: Are you interested in joining an amazing technical team providing cyber operations support to a variety of complex organizations? phia, LLC is seeking highly skilled Cybersecurity Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). DOE is responsible for the protection of vital national security information and technologies, representing intellectual property of incalculable value throughout nearly thirty sites and laboratories nationwide. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
- Work with a variety cyber defense and IT analytics and automation tools such as: Splunk, ElasticSearch / ELK, MISP Threat Sharing Platform/Malware information Sharing Platform, and Apache NiFi.
- Test, implement, deploy, and operate, the infrastructure hardware and software which are required to effectively manage the organization’s cyber security operational services.
- Install operate maintain cybersecurity systems, tools, and integrate data from sources.
- Apply/integrate cybersecurity engineering principles into infrastructure planning, design, and deployment.
- Lead or participate in an Integrated Product Team review to ensure security architecture integration.
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, security architectures and design solutions.
- Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Nonrepudiation, and Availability), Basic Information Assurance mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability) and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.).
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are secure and compatible with the defined system architectures.
- Learn or apply existing scripting concepts and work API integration using PowerShell, Ansible, python, Java, etc.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or a related field or equivalent experience (two years of experience for each year of schooling).
- 6-12+ years of experience working in the areas of IT, systems administration, engineering, architecture, cyber, intelligence, information security, hunt, cyber operations, network forensics, insider threat, etc.
- Possess engineering and architecture skills to make efficient advisement for systems requirements.
- Experience providing full system’s lifecycle (design, testing, implementation, operations, maintenance and disposal) support for commercial and open-source tools.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide variety of security solutions and technologies, including Linux, network architecture/implementation/configuration experience, firewall technologies, proxy technologies, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (gateway and SaaS), malware/security experience.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to self-start, prioritize assignments, and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with coding in python, PowerShell, shell scripting, RESTful API, etc.
- Active Top Secret or Q clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years (sponsorship opportunities available for highly qualified candidates).
- Active DOE Q SCI, DOD Top Secret/SCI or higher clearance.
- 10+ years of related technical experience working in cyber operations, threat intelligence or analysis.
- CERTIFICATIONS: one or more preferred – GCIH, GCFE, RHCE, CPTE, or CEH.
- MA/MS in computer science, information security, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in other cybersecurity technology areas such as network and endpoint security tools: FireEye Endpoint Security, Tanium, Microsoft Defender/ATP, FireEye Network and Email Security, Cisco Sourcefire/Firepower, Palo Alto firewalls, SolarWinds, and RedSeal.
- Preferred background with knowledge in incident response with experience in threat analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK framework with associated tactics, techniques and tools for attack method types and their usage in targeted attacks such as phishing, malware implantation, perimeter vulnerabilities, application vulnerabilities, lateral movement, etc.
WORK SCHEDULE: Core Hours (8am-5pm; start/end time flexible)
WORK LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
TRAVEL: Minimal; <5%
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: Pandemic rotating schedule one week onsite; two weeks offsite; normal operations ad-hoc with approval.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: DOE Q Clearance / DoD Top Secret; Current SCI desired. Must have had a valid investigation within last 5 years.
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with a focus in all thing’s cyber (operations, intelligence, analysis, engineering, development, program management). As a boutique cybersecurity company phia is focused on passionate individuals looking for a phamily to grow with. Our work represents some of the most complex cyber challenges facing organizations with unique missions. The work we do supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance and flexibility, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance