Cloud Architect, Field Sales, UK
London, United Kingdom
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Portworx has joined Pure Storage to form a new Cloud Native Business Unit. Portworx is a cloud native platform that enterprises depend on to reduce the cost and complexity of rapidly deploying containerized applications across multiple clouds and on-prem environments. Via Portworx, you can manage any database or stateful service on any infrastructure using any container scheduler. You get a single data management layer for all of your stateful services, no matter where they run. And we thrive in multi-cloud environments.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect with mastery in containerization, DevOps practices, and running databases in production. Must have extensive knowledge of software development landscape that will help sales teams present the most optimal solutions to customers, the desire and ability to travel within your assigned territory, and a customer-focused mindset. Must be a hands-on technical expert who will support sales activities in the region. This is not a passive technical advisory role supporting sales efforts with technical slides and documentation. This is a proactive, engaging, customer-focused, problem-solving position.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
The Pure Storage Cloud Architecture team is responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical and business expertise to customers who want to run stateful applications in containers and automate “Day 2” data management workflows. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on development and enhancement of products.
- 5+ years experience as a hands-on software architect, in a customer facing capacity
- Fluency with DevOps concepts and tools, including but not limited to: Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD, and other container platforms
- Ability to see and present ‘the big picture’ and offer solutions to improve upon it, proactively seeking out and driving customer oriented solutions.
- Experience in data engineering, big data, and database operations, delivery and operational services
- Expertise and working knowledge of Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and OpenStack
- Understanding of data platform technologies as they relate to highly available business applications on- prem and in the cloud
- Knowledge of the enterprise application development lifecycle and container platforms’ effect on it
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Ability to distill complex problems into a simplified vision that drives customer interest in Portworx technologies
- Strong bias for action, drive, initiative
- Charismatic self-starter with a natural ability on stage, in the spotlight, and with customers
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally (temporarily restricted under current global health environment)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Mastery with Kubernetes deployment
- Deployment and troubleshooting of Kubernetes
- Prior experience presenting to IT executives, decision makers and highly technical audiences
- Prior technical Pre-Sales experience
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Familiarity with other container orchestration platforms
- Experience with HA deployments for modern scale out databases and data processing solutions like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Elasticsearch and HDFS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.