DevOps / SRE Engineer
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Who we are:
Hi, we're UserZoom - nice to meet you! If you’ve never heard of us before, we help companies get the user experience (UX) insights they need to deliver great digital experiences at scale through our all-in-one software platform (both web and mobile) and professional services teams.
We believe that every company will soon be a digital experience company, and we want to help make those digital experiences better. We do this by providing UX insights to some of the biggest brands in the world so they, in turn, can improve the experience they give their customers.
Check out more info here: www.userzoom.com
As part of the Engineering Team, you will have a great opportunity to contribute to building on our SaaS platform. Working alongside our global team (our UZ family can be found in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland) you will be responsible for creating something truly amazing. As UserZoom grows, so does our focus on your career and personal development. And more importantly, the team here at UserZoom is like a family - we're both supportive and welcoming of new team members, with plenty of social events (if you like to get involved).
We are looking for a dynamic and highly analytical DevOps who will join an engineering squad that develops and maintains a high-performance distributed application using microservices architecture and containerization tools like kubernetes on AWS. The evolution of this role will be to develop a SRE position within the scrum team and of course, we will help you with the transition.
As a member of an engineering squad and in collaboration with them you will:
- Actively participate on the project of migration the monolith (Windows / .Net Framework) to microservices (kubernetes / .Net Core)
- Build, operate and maintain the platform based on AWS
- Find and implement solutions to boost performance, scalability and security
- Build tools to automate deployment and apply performance tuning
- Oversee and extend the monitoring facility
Things we require for this position:
- Deep understanding of AWS (EC2, EKS, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, api gateway, KMS)
- Deep understanding of kubernetes, helm/charts and terraform
- Experience working with scalable, distributed, highly-available and fault-tolerant web systems
- Strong background on system and infrastructure administration
A few things that would be valuable for this position:
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD, GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins or similar
- Knowledge of databases (SQLServer, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Perl or Python)
- Experience with osbervavility tools like Datadog
- Good level of English, written and spoken
- Competitive salary
- Career plan
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to grow professionally in a challenging environment
- International working environment