Site Reliability Engineer_OpenPages
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is trailblazing new cloud technologies and services that span key technology areas that includes Security Services, Business Support Systems, and Identity and Access Management capabilities running on IBM’s industry leading Containers platform.
IBM Cloud has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach. Our Cloud Platform engineering team is responsible for delivering Platform services with top-notch performance, first-rate security, fail-safe reliability and exceptional quality.
An IBM Cloud DevOps Engineer will be the key individual responsible for development of DevOps, Security, Monitoring tooling, for new cloud services on the IBM Cloud Platform.
You will get to work with Fortune 100 Enterprise clients and build hyperscale cloud services for the largest companies in the world. We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as flexibility to work with team members in other time zones.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of total IT experience
- 2+ years of experience in the role of DevOps engineer. Experience building DevOps tooling for a truly distributed architecture-based system will be huge plus.
- Proven understanding of DevOps practices & tools, logging and monitoring tools
- Experience implementing distributed applications in a container environment (Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift)
- We believe in automating everything, and the expectation is to create automated/automatable solutions.
- Caching is a key skill in the cloud, and a strong candidate will exhibit exceptional skills with local and edge caching solutions.
- The ability to debug web based solutions on both client and server sides would be a skill of the preferred candidate
- Working knowledge on any of NodeJS, GitHub, python, Ansible and Java.
- Familiarity with Jenkins as build driving a full unit test, build verification, and production code delivery pipeline.
- Ability to stand up and configure software solutions in a cloud environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Having hands on experience with designing and developing microservices is also preferred.
- Passion for DevOps, Security and interest in learning emerging technologies
- Candidate would be expected to self-starting and self-motivating.
- Agile development.
- A security minded individual is required.
- Delivery pipeline for CI / CD / Ops
- Integration with Monitoring and Logging tools
- Gather insights from alerts and logs
- Provide clear and advance communication to colleagues and stakeholders about upcoming system changes
- Take initiative to substantially improve customer and colleague workflows
- Use advanced new technologies judiciously to reduce complexity.
- Opportunity to work directly with customers utilizing the latest Data and AI applications.
About Business Unit
Data and AI Business Unit specializes in the Data Engineering, Analytics and Data Science , Artificial Intelligence capabilities of the offerings. The Regtech group within the Business Unit specializes on the Financial Risk and Compliance Domain.
The IBM RegTech Cloud Team is looking for a talented, innovative and enthusiastic Cloud DevOps professional that will build the next generation cloud and security services to make our customers succeed.
We are looking for experienced candidates with a broad array of full-stack development skills that span both backend, UI development, test automation and DevOps. As a software engineer, the ideal candidate must bring a deep level of experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting modern cloud services. In addition, they are accountable as individuals and organizational leaders for delivering value by bringing relevant technology domain and implementation expertise in topics aligned with the cloud platform integration, orchestration/provisioning, security, and DevOps. Cloud software developers are also expected to assist in the gathering of business and technical requirements, implement specific technologies while demonstrating progress on a regular basis, and work with technical leads or project managers to identify and overcome technical blockers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible CD CI Docker Java Kubernetes Python
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific