Cloud Platform Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We are looking for talented, passionate Cloud Platform Engineers to join our cloud engineering team in San Mateo, CA and evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. You will be part of a team that has been tasked with building the next generation, highly available, global scale, multi-cloud PaaS platform with open source technologies to enable and accelerate Snowflake's rapid growth. You will get to be a technology thought leader, evangelize new, cutting edge technologies and solve complex problems.
AS A CLOUD PLATFORM ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Contribute to the team charter to build and operate a highly scalable and resilient Infrastructure and platform services that include but not limited to VM, Container and Serverless Platforms.
- Research and implement solutions to build a highly reliable and scalable Kubernetes platform.
- Evangelize and drive adoption of the new platform to meet business goals.
- Introduce tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of platform services.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services
OUR IDEAL CLOUD PLATFORM ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years experience in a software engineering platform team in a Cloud, SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services.
- At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- At least 2+ years experience in Kubernetes. Experience with Amazon EKS, Azure AKS or Google GKE highly desired.
- Strong coding skills in Golang, Python, C++ or Java.
- Experience with Cloud computing toolsets - Pulumi, Terraform, Vault etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools, preferably Chef.
- Firm grasp of IP networking, load balancing, DNS.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?