Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain our cloud platforms and support applications, demonstrating agile and dynamic software support capabilities
- Work in a Redhat OpenShift / Kubernetes based micro services environment to support our cutting-edge cloud platform. This will include custom solutions, as well as open source DevOps tools (build and deploy automation, monitoring and data gathering for our software delivery pipeline)
- Contributing to our continuous improvement and continuous delivery while increasing maturity of DevOps and agile adoption practices.
- Involved in developing and implementing Integrated and Automated DevSecOps capability for our applications.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of infrastructure configuration as a code using configuration systems such as (Ansible, chef)
- Perform platform development based on Agile methodologies & participate in requirements / user story analysis, design and execution
- Continually focus on improving the application and innovation
- Work effectively in collaboration with other team members
- Be responsible for security and compliance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience primarily in DevOps and cloud computing
- Experience in Big Data , Spark and Redhat OpenShift / Kubernetes
- Experience in developing CICD pipelines using Jenkins
- Solid understanding of Linux internals along with Release Engineering (Branching, versioning, tagging), Artifactory, Nexus and CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis,)
- Proficient in scripting languages like bash/shell and Groovy and in configuration Management tools such as Ansible or any of Terraform Puppet, Chef, Salt etc
- Experience in delivering micro services at scale; designing micro services solutions
- Proven Cloud experience / delivery of applications with IBM cloud or AWS/ Azure/ Google Cloud
- Expertise in Open source projects from the Cloud native computing foundation, canary deployments
- Hands-on experience in Networking / network configuration, Application performance monitoring, Container performance and security
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in OOO programming language – Scala, Java, Go Language, API programming
- Experience in IBM cloud and Redhat OpenShift/ Kubernetes
- Development of ansible playbooks and groovy based End to End CICD pipeline as code.
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure Bash CD Chef CI Go Java Kubernetes Linux Open source Puppet RedHat Salt Scala Spark Terraform
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific