Engineering Manager, Kubernetes Development
Dublin or Remote (EMEA)
The database market is extensive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Our Cloud Services team are a diverse group who develop software to run MongoDB at global scale. We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join our team in Dublin!
As Lead Engineer of our Kubernetes Software Development team, you will be working on the development of our Kubernetes products, and the career development of the software engineering team. This is a role which mixes the responsibilities of a Tech Lead and Engineering Manager.
The team is working on developing software which enables our customers to deploy and manage many database clusters and process huge amounts of data. You will be working closely with Product Management locally in Dublin.
The ideal fit for this role will be
- Eager to learn, with a strong technical background. Able to build a confident team who can act independently, developing their skills and helping them apply their talents
- Interested in developing their leadership skills and developing the careers of the members of the team
- Well-organised and able to prioritise when to work individually and when to delegate
- Flexible! This person will be leading a small team, so they will be taking on a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as they go and distributing that knowledge to the team
- Experience working on, or with, a remote team (the Private Cloud team is in Dublin & the Netherlands, with most of Cloud team in New York)
- Be responsible for the team in designing, implement, test and release features for our Cloud Manager and Ops Manager products (a mix of cloud services and on premises)
- Lead an agile team environment with a close relationship with the customer. Develop the team, and encourage Agile best-practise, such as incrementally shipping sophisticated projects
- Assist our Ops & Support Engineers in fixing operational issues with customers
- Senior experience as a software engineer - the design, implementation and launch of features and products
- Some experience managing a team of software engineers, or acting as Tech Lead for a number of projects
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with modern full-stack development
- Familiarity running services on Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Using Containers & Container Orchestration platforms (docker, Kubernetes, Aurora, Openshift etc.)
- Some experience administering Linux servers or Cloud instances
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.