Senior Director, Platform Engineering
Palo Alto, CA US
- Manage multiple distributed development teams.
- Provide engineering leadership in development of product, processes and software architecture.
- Plan, execute and communicate engineering roadmaps and project deliveries.
- Lead the Enterprise and Clinical platform teams, driving their technical strategy and roadmap.
- Ensure Platform and Service meet SLA requirements and engineering KPIs are met.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- 15+ years of experience in software development with a deep understanding of engineering and architectural best practices.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role building, leading and managing an engineering organization.
- Strong experience using Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform and experience with distributed SaaS solutions deployed on AWS or Google Compute.
- Experience leading and working with global teams.
- Experience and knowledge of Scrum and Agile tools; JIRA and Atlassian tools.
- Experience working with HIPAA, HITRUST, IEC 62304, GDPR or FDA 21 CFR requirements (HIPAA, IEC 62304 and ISO 13485 is preferred).
- Healthcare technology industry experience is a plus.
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps them, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management and provides an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data from over 80 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko Benefits Include:
- Having a meaningful impact on people's lives
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and transportation incentives
- Annual reimbursement on fitness expenses (gym memberships, running shoes, yoga classes, etc.)
- 401(k) matching program
- Valuable experience in the rapidly growing mobile health industry
Glooko provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Glooko complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.