Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
WellSky is seeking a Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer to join our team.
Do you have a passion for automation and a love of the Cloud? If so, you may be our next great hire! We are looking for a motivated engineer that is well versed in automating infrastructure and who likes a new challenge every day.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Automate, automate, automate! Break out your Terraform skills and help us create a fully coded infrastructure state of multiple data centers and cloud platforms.
- Work in a variety of cloud platforms including: GCP, AWS, and Azure to shift workloads from on-prem deployments to the public cloud.
- Help us build out our software defined data center and make it a true reality!
- Innovate! Find areas where we can improve by innovating a new process or by assisting teammates to learn and grow with coding.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Development, QA, Stage, and Production infrastructure system configurations.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Responsibilities also include close collaboration with software developers on the product teams, operations staff, and other IT staff members to manage infrastructure code releases.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Systems Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Senior level experience in infrastructure administration. Preferably with advanced Terraform coding deployments as a primary skill.
- OS Automation & Administration Experience: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 or higher), Windows Server 2016 or higher.
- Ability to define and report Key Performance Indicators to monitor process health; define and report Customer facing service metrics.
- Proven ability to migrate workloads to the cloud
- Multiple examples of how you’ve automated processes to stop the need for human interaction.
Do you stand above the rest?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You can work as part of an agile infrastructure development team.
- Azure or GCP Experience
- Kubernetes administration from an infrastructure perspective
- You have working knowledge of SAN deployments (Pure or Nimble preferred)
- Application Development/Coding/Scripting Experience: Ruby, Python, bash, Powershell
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- GCP Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Azure Certified Administrator or Developer
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.