PhD. student in switching reliability of WBG power transistors (m/f/d)
Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Network Energy Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning.
The Huawei Power Conversion Technology Laboratory will play an important role in the Huawei Network Energy Business Unit in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as data centers, PV, AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies. As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
PhD. student in the field of Design and modelling of long-term switching reliability test for WBG power transistors (m/f/d)
- Literature review on WBG power device reliability in particular under switching conditions
- Test circuit design and concept you will be responsible for test validation and benchmark analysis
- Responsible for the extraction of acceleration factors from tests for lifetime modelling
- Failure modes and mechanism investigation
- Support to the definition of the qualification test procedure according to international standards
- Documentation of research activities and results, contribute to publications in international leading conferences and journals
- Master degree in electronic engineering, physics or any other related disciplines with a in depth knowledge of basic power circuits and understanding of the working principle of most common DC/DC and AC/DC power converters
- Deep knowledge of semiconductor device physics with particular emphasis on power transistors
- Understanding of circuit simulation (Spectre, Simetrix, Spice) tools and strong knowledge of power conversion topologies and circuit behavior
- Good knowledge of software programming: Fortran, C, C++ and Phyton
- Experience with PCB layout, assembly and with Ansys Q3D would be considered as a plus
- Fluent in English written and spoken, working language
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.