QA Automation Engineer
Remote - Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Hello! Interested in a unique opportunity to join a team in a 100% remote company, and help build the next generation of an Enterprise Data Collection platform used by some of the largest and most well known organizations in the world?
We are a team of collaborators that are passionate about providing the very best that we can to our customers. We are travelers, artists, athletes, animal lovers, optimists and adventurers creating an incredibly strong, fully remote team and providing amazing service, no matter where we are. We’re problem solvers, and continuous learners never afraid of a challenge, and we’re looking to add another amazing QA member to our Engineering team.
Here's what that looks like at FormAssembly, and here are the values you’d be excited to stand behind:
As a team we strive for:
- Direct, undeniable, customer impact. We have incredible customers that we're grateful for and we believe the best teammates are the ones who, regardless of function or discipline, are eager and excited to find a way to connect their work directly to customers.
- Trusted independence with interdependence. You are fully trusted as a full owner of the work you do; self-determined, responsible, accountable, and celebrated. With that freedom, you acknowledge, a broader social context. We work together, we partner, we collaborate, and we make sure the work we take on and hand off is done thoughtfully and with care.
- Assume positive intent. All outcomes may not be what we desire, what we expected, or what we needed. But they happened because people take chances and are willing to make decisions. We assume people try their hardest and try their best, we assume their actions started with the most positive of intentions. Every conversation, assessment, piece of feedback, starts with that assumption, on both sides. This ensures our team is built on a foundation of trust.
- Care and inclusion; sincerely. We work at FormAssembly because we believe in the opportunity, we believe in the vision, we believe in our people, and we believe in our ability to build something wonderful. It is those beliefs that also mean we care about the market, we care about the vision, we care about each other, and we care about building something wonderful. When all of this falls into place, our customers are able to build better businesses and succeed.
Experience and Skills we are looking for:
- Proven ability to work with other engineers to develop and improve existing automated quality assurance tools
- Experience working in both test and production code for web applications, including MVC, APIs, Js, and Unit tests
- Development of a complete product understanding, and leveraging that to discover defects and improvements
- Participation in pairing, documentation, and other forms of knowledge sharing to help improves processes and the product
- Ability to work in the following time zones: Eastern Standard Time, Central Standard Time, Mountain Standard Time, and/or Pacific Standard time
- 5+ years of dynamic or strictly typed OOP experience including C++, PHP, Java, Python
- 5+ years experience debugging complex code using debugging tools such as: Console, Developer Tools, XDebug
- 5+ years with exploratory testing, documenting use cases, and becoming a product expert
- 5+ years experience with BDD, and TDD, Gherkin, Cucumber, Behat, Codeception, Selenium UI testing, writing test cases for API's
- Experienced at avoiding and resolving false negatives and false positives, especially in UI testing
- Excellent written and oral communicator
Nice to have, but not fully required experience:
- Previous remote working experience
- Working with CI / CR tools like: Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Circleci, SauceLabs, Code Coverage, Code Deploy
- Systems administration: LAMP, Docker, Vagrant, Bash
- Previous experience helping establish a testing mindset throughout the implementation process from planning to release
- Working on web applications that process large volumes of data and/or receive high volumes of traffic
FormAssembly is a leading Enterprise Data Collection platform, thanks to our impressive roster of customers. We have been recognized in the 2018 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and we are a G2 Crowd Winter 2019 Leader. Our mission is to help organizations collect, use, and be good stewards of the personal data entrusted to them.
Here are some links to give you a peek into what it's like to work at FormAssembly:
If you’re a genuinely nice person who is great to work with, respectful, and who will put the team and our customers first, we’d be thrilled to have you apply for this position. FormAssembly is an equal opportunity employer. If you belong to an under-represented group in Tech, you’ll find a welcoming culture that thrives on diversity.
This is a full-time position, open to all locations (working remotely, from home).
FormAssembly is a completely distributed team. We thrive through digital communication, and work to connect numerous times a day. Our culture is unique, read more about it here. Some of our benefits include:
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision) for Team Members based in the United States
- 401(k) with 4% company match for Team Members based in the United States
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable contribution match
- Budget for professional development
- Company provided Mac laptop
You'll be joining a talented and fun team, working together to build something great!