Senior Cloud Infrastructure Developer
Romania - Bucharest
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role:
You'll be instrumental in providing support and tooling that underpins a phenomenal and continually available user experience. Our customers are using our trackers and smartwatches and always expect snappy access to their data, so site performance is essential to customer satisfaction.
You'll participate in engineering automation throughout our infrastructure, furthering our Infrastructure as Code (IaC) platforms (Terraform), increasing automation of internal services (golang, python), enhancing our microservices platform (Aurora/Mesos, Kubernetes), in addition to evangelizing and shepherding internal customers of these services (discovery, process, communication, documentation).
What you’ll do:
You'll enjoy a wide range of engineering challenges. Major components we use daily are GoLang, Terraform, GCP, Python, Linux, Aurora/Mesos, Kubernetes, Bazel, Zookeeper, with immutable containers.
We are working with Google Compute Platform driven by Terraform. We favor coupling open source software with internal development to bridge gaps and achieve a highly performant system. We build the lower level platforms, tools and services which the rest of the company consumes and designs against. The main tasks will be:
- Develop software automation and tooling to drive efficiencies and help us scale the core infrastructure that other services are built upon.
- Architect technical offerings, processes, documentation, training, on-boarding, and guided support as we hand off services to other teams to operate and utilize.
- Shepherd internal customers on-boarding to our services, while ensuring we scale and remain competitive.
- Ensure the lifecycle and performance needs of our services are met.
- Be available for time sensitive needs, escalations and periodic on-call responsibilities.
- You have 5+ years of experience in operations and automation supporting large scale data center and/or cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Deep understanding of cloud networking concepts
- Proficient in Linux system administration and operational needs at scale (python, containers, CM/IaC tools, packaging, build systems, CI/CD).
- You are able to automate recurring tasks via coding and documentation, utilize and develop APIs, find ways to automate tasks and continually improve how we do things.
- Presentation and collaboration proficiency, ability to help others move from ideas to identifying key needs and actions, while driving accountability and on time deliveries.
- You design processes to drive efficiency and consistency.
- You enjoy analyzing metrics to arrive at well supported data-driven conclusions.
- Able to strategically improve infrastructure in manageable steps in an always-available environment.
- Flexibility in working with geographically diverse team members.
- Exceptional communication and organisation skills
- You possess a detail-oriented mindset, both technically and interpersonally
- You are self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Able to extract key insights from data and communicate them effectively
- Willingness to travel a few times per year for team meetings or training
- Ability to tackle complex problems and engineer a successful future
- Thrive in an evolving operational environment with continual iteration, responding to occasional unexpected production-level issues
- Comfortable communicating via video conferencing, email, on-line chat and others
In Fitbit’s Engineering organisation, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organisation stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, colour, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.