Vice President, Global Technology Infrastructure and Employee Platforms
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes.
As Vice President, Global Technology Infrastructure and Employee Platforms you will be responsible for leading a global team of technologists responsible for engineering and operations of the foundational on-premise and cloud infrastructure, employee platforms, and support channels that powers Hitachi Vantara’s global business. You will champion the principle of “Hitachi runs on Hitachi” for appropriate workloads, and work with product engineering teams to implement new Hitachi products and services and provide feedback as part of the product and service development lifecycle. You will lead a cross-functional Cloud Center of Excellence, and have overall responsibility for the evolution and implementation of the Hitachi Vantara hybrid-cloud strategy.
As a key leader of the Hitachi Vantara technology organization, you will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in infrastructure engineering and operations through use of automation and implementing industry best practices. You will foster a customer-centric organization culture and develop a service-oriented mindset focused on strong business and technology partnership.
You will also have responsibility engineering and operations of all Microsoft platforms, and employee support channels (on-site, chat, IVR, voice), and have overall responsibility for the evolution and implementation of the automation and self-service strategy for employee support.
This is a transformational technology leadership role reporting to the Chief Information Officer with a high level of visibility and interaction with members of the IT Leadership Team, the Hitachi Vantara Executive Committee and peers in the Hitachi Vantara technology and product organizations. The role is based in Englewood, CO.
• Set and implement the strategic direction for technology infrastructure operations aligned with overall Hitachi Vantara business and technology strategy and priorities
• Hands-on leadership of a global engineering and operations team responsible for all on-premise data center and public cloud technology infrastructure, systems administration, database administration and storage administration activities.
• Partner with Architecture, Information Security, Application Development, Product Development and other Hitachi functions to design, engineer and operate on-premise and cloud infrastructure environments needed to achieve required performance and resiliency requirements
• Partner with Information Security to implement a comprehensive security vulnerability management program for all on-premise and public cloud infrastructure components
• Direct activities to continually update operational procedures (installation, configuration, run books). Identify and implement automated operational procedures to minimize human error and improve efficiency.
• Continuously improve Infrastructure Operations processes, supporting technologies and roles to be more automated, agile and business focused. Lead implementation of changes to existing processes, technology and roles to achieve the strategic direction.
• Partnering with all other Global IT functions, set and implement the strategic vision for monitoring and management tools used by the Technology Infrastructure global team members
• Lead critical incident response activities including directing trouble-shooting efforts to rapidly restore service.
• Lead development and regular testing of disaster recovery plans for critical technology infrastructure components.
• Set strategic direction for standardized employee support processes including IT service desk, deskside support, self-service, IT service management, as well as supporting technologies, and roles
• Evolve employee support and IT service management processes, supporting technologies and roles to be more standardized, agile and business focused. Lead implementation of changes to existing processes, technology and roles to achieve the strategic direction.
• Continuously improve IT service management processes including incident, problem, change, capacity, asset management and configuration management database (CMDB)
• Lead the IT critical incident process including 24x7 response and resolution for business impacting IT incidents.
• Partnering with the ServiceNow engineering leader, implement the strategic vision for the ServiceNow application for employee support and IT operations management
• Develop and lead an ongoing program to “shift left” including problem root-cause elimination, employee self-service, and robotic process automation.
• Work with other Hitachi global business units to share knowledge, identify service and cost synergies, and promote a “One Hitachi” mind-set.
• Develop and maintain the annual training and development program for the Technology Infrastructure and Employee Platforms organization.
• Define and monitor objectives and key results (OKRs). Lead a continuous improvement mindset measured with operational metrics and OKRs. Benchmark where possible against the market. Provide regular reporting of performance metrics and OKRs to key members of the IT organization, and key business stakeholders.
• Annual financial planning and ongoing financial management activities for a $50M+ P&L
• Build and maintain strong vendor relationships with key data center, public cloud, hardware, and software vendors. Stay current with market trends and innovative thinking related to technology infrastructure, employee platforms and employee support
• Hire, develop, coach and manage performance for a global team located primarily in Englewood, CO; Hyderabad, India; Mexico City, Mexico; and Santa Clara, CA.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and prior experience:
• Minimum 20 years technology experience with at least 10 years in leadership roles.
• Deep experience with managing on-premise data center and technology infrastructure, systems administration, database administration and storage administration engineering and operational activities.
• Experience with migrating on-premise application workloads to hybrid and public cloud infrastructure
• Solid experience leading a global team focused on delivering 24x7 Technology Infrastructure services supporting mission critical business applications, and supporting a global employee population
• Experience with modern technology service delivery frameworks including Agile, DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
• Demonstrated experience leading large-scale change initiatives with enterprise level impact including programs with extensive cross-functional technology team involvement.
• Proven success in leadership demonstrated by the ability to build, develop and retain high performing and highly effective teams at multiple onshore and offshore locations.
• Demonstrated experience providing technology services with documented statements of work, service level agreements, and cost/price for a service provider or internal shared services organization is a plus.
• A broad knowledge of on-premise, hybrid, and public cloud infrastructure concepts and technologies.
• Implementation and use of automation tools such as Ansible or equivalent products.
• Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts effectively and drive change in process and behaviors.
• Ability to be a company-wide change-agent that influences strategic actions and mindset changes.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. Must be able to develop compelling business presentations and communicate technical topics to a business audience.
• Excellent influencing and consultative skills with the ability to partner with and engage at multiple levels within Hitachi Vantara and external vendor organizations.
• A continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated ability to drive programs that reduce cost, increase agility and have measurable key performance indicators and metrics.
• Strong people leadership capabilities including motivating and connecting a global team, guiding and coaching team leaders and individual team members, developing talent, implementing performance management plans when needed, and ensuring accountability for commitments that are made.
• A customer service mindset with focus on developing and improving technology services and operations that are driven by customer needs and requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, computer science or IT discipline
• AWS, Azure, or GCP certifications
• MBA or technology focused Master’s Degree a plus
• Additional qualifications a plus such as project management, Agile, ITIL, on-premise technologies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.