Puppet DevOps Architect
Posted 3 weeks ago
pureIntegration is looking for a Puppet DevOps Architect to help with a vRealize project. In this role, you will be developing solutions to provide self-service IT capabilities through automation. The candidate should work with the Architecture, Development groups, Engineering, and Operations to establish standards, best practices, and automation solutions using Puppet and other tools within the organization.
- Will perform systems planning, configuring systems, provisioning software, providing technical guidance in automation, defining standards, assisting with research and design for architectural issues, assisting/providing status updates, and implementation automated platform provisioning.
- Writing and deploying Puppet modules in a distributed environment.
- Using Puppet Enterprise for deployment and configuration of SQL Server AlwaysOn Clusters, Oracle RAC databases and associated software (backup, monitoring, etc)
- Integrating Puppet with VMware vRealize to build an end to end self-service solution for deploying infrastructure and applications
- Configuration management for both Windows Server and Linux (Suse) systems with Puppet
- Understanding of version control and artifact repository designs
- Documenting errors and error handling processes, fixing code bugs, and rewriting code for workflows
- Collaborate effectively with the other team members.
Location - Remote
- 5+ years of experience architecting, implementing and supporting highly available enterprise infrastructures
- 2 – 5 years demonstrable experience using Puppet Enterprise for software provisioning across multiple operating systems
- Advanced Puppet DSL data contracts and code experience, with the ability to understanding existing environments, modules, manifests, classes and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience with the administration of VMware, Windows, Linux, or Unix environments is preferred
- Experience using Puppet Enterprise integrated with VMware vRealize is preferred
- Automation experience with other tools such as MS Scorch, Ansible, Salt, PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, Python etc. is preferred.
- Experience with automation via web services (REST, SOAP)
- Critical thinking: ability to reach well-reasoned automated solutions.
- Knowledge of databases (Oracle/MS SQL) is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to present ideas and be comfortable interfacing at all levels of the organization.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.