Infrastructure Specialist: Red Hat OpenShift
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Within the IBM Global Business Services, we have a team focused on building differentiating assets and accelerators for hybrid cloud modernization and are seeking a Senior Application Modernization Architect to join our Global CTO team for Cloud Application Services. In this role, you will be leading a talented asset development squad and advising clients in adopting IBM’s hybrid cloud strategy.
- Scan the technology landscape and advise clients on emerging technology solutions to drive differentiation in services value proposition
- Collaborate with client engagement teams to lead solution design, project proposals, proof-of-concepts, and delivery of the solution implementation by infusing CAS assets and accelerators
- Evangelize assets and other cloud related best practices both internally and externally (clients, social, events, analysts)
We are seeking exceptional candidates who have both breadth and depth of experience in both consulting and technical expertise.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands on pracititioner with knowledge of Garage method and Agile
20+ years of industry experience as an Architect, with 8 years in VMware implementation and hybrid cloud.
Hands on architect experience with VMware Tanzu.
Deep experience in solution, application, integration, cloud infrastructure, network, security and operation architecture
Deep hands on experience in containerization of applications leveraging Kubernetes.
Deep hands on experience DevSecOps Multicloud Management
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: C Kubernetes VMware
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific