Security Software Engineer Intern, Cloud Infrastructure Security
Los Gatos, California
Posted 1 month ago
Who are we?Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 195+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe. Cloud Infrastructure Security (CIS) provides a blend of software development and operations expertise to optimize the security risk related to Netflix’s use of cloud service providers. We enable people to safely access the cloud by provisioning cloud resources securely, or detecting when there are security impacting misconfigurations and remediating them. We also actively identify vulnerabilities or incidents related to our use of cloud resources, and help with the security incident response for such cases.
Who are you?
- Curious and motivated learner - completing a BS or MS degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Statistics
- Clear communicator - you are concise and articulate in speech and writing
- Innovative and creative - a problem solver with the ability to come up with simple solutions to complex problems
- Adaptable - open to learning and trying new things
- Comfortable working with a programming language like Python, including automated testing
- Have experience working in public clouds like AWS
What will you learn?
- High-impact collaboration - work with the team to design, build, and deploy tools to help Netflix engineers do their jobs better and more securely
- How to balance velocity and security - use risk to help our tooling intelligently make security conscious decisions while empowering developers to work at high speeds
- Ways to use AWS IAM, Access Advisor, CloudTrail, and other services to assess the security of an environment’s access policies
- What it’s like to work on a real, impactful projects like Repokid at Netflix scale
Job tags: AWS Python Streaming Vulnerabilities
Job region(s): North America