DevOps Solutions Architect and Engineer - Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, SERVERLESS
Remote - Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Caylent client's rely on us to explore and analyze their current state and architect for their future. We are known for working only with the latest technologies and tools and partnering with our clients to be their internal Devops Team. You will enjoy a hybrid role where you will do 70% Pre-Sales Engineering and 30% hands-on Engineering.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on pre-sales.
- Provide domain expertise and QA for proposals and SOWs.
- Manage client expectations and satisfaction for project delivery.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cloud engineering, DevOps, and Cloud Native toolsets and solution architecture.
- Complete architecture and build-out an initial project roadmap to help the DevOps team who will be working with the new customer to rapidly understand the scope of work and key objectives to meet customer success in the first 30, 60, and 90 days.
- Own and update the initial delivery plan and work with engineering teams to ensure engagements are on-track to deliver against early customer success objectives.
- Lead onboarding and orientation for the internal DevOps team.
- Lead new customer kick-off calls at the beginning of each new engagement, introducing the customer and their project to the internal DevOps team.
- Perform architecture and engineering.
- Other duties as needed.
- 3+ years of DevOps pre-sales
- 3+ years of recent hands-on DevOps Cloud Engineering and Architecture work using AWS and GCP (Azure and Serverless are nice to have)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation) or configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience with AWS, Docker containers and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesosphere, OpenShift, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the DevOps philosophy and Agile methods
- Automating traditional processes with scripting or configuration management.
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks.
- Experience of the full software delivery lifecycle
- Consulting or Professional Services experience in a customer-facing capacity is highly preferred
- Certifications are an added plus
- 100% remote, work from home or in a shared work space
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Medical, dental, and life benefits
- Generous holidays and paid time off
- Paid for exams and certifications
- Bonus payout for each new certification
- Work with cutting-edge technology - NO legacy systems!
- Work business hours Monday - Friday, no after hour on-call
- Paid online continuing training
- Internal training
- Sophisticated Internal library
- Individual professional development plan
- Fun corporate events
- DevOps & cloud community-centric corporate culture including Meetups, Conferences etc.
Caylent is a specialty Consultant and DevOps/Cloud Managed Services provider (DevOps-as-a-Service) with an emphasis on Kubernetes to software-enabled companies, mostly high-growth software startups. Our clients rely on Caylent engineers to architect, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting.
Part of our value proposition is that we structure our relationships with clients as real partnerships, where we become part of their team and share in their challenges and successes. That means every Caylent engineer is client-facing. Our engineers love the challenge of working on new stuff every single day without the corporate headaches.
We are only as good as each person’s contribution to the delivery. Enormous effort is put forth into nurturing each employee’s career development, professional curiosity, technical innovation, and client interaction. If these things matter to you, read on, and apply.