Job Title: Infrastructure SME - Windows System Administrator
Southbury, Connecticut, US
At IBM, Technical Solution Architects work to understand needs and then create complex high-quality solutions that make meaningful impact. You’ll be responsible for overall leadership and delivery of the solutions from requirement gathering through implementation. You’ll use your in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technologies along with industry and business skills to influence outcomes.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Thank you for your interest.
This role is located ONSITE (after covid) Southbury, CT.
There is no relocation provided.
No remote option (post covid).
The Windows System Administrator will be a key member of the CIO Quote-to-Cash and Services & Client Support IT Systems Expert Squad. You will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio. This position directly impacts the day-to-day productivity by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our suite of CIO business applications.
As the Windows Administrator expert, you will be joining a squad of ten experts, each highly skilled within their own competency, Operating Systems and or Middleware. As a member of the Expert Squad, you will play a critical role within the CIO Scaled Agile infrastructure delivery model by providing 2nd level support to approximately twenty Virtual Container squads (VCS). As the Windows Administrator specialist responsible to design, install, administer, control of our Experts Windows server. These server are "proof of concept" servers and used to design and deploy strategic solutions across the Quote-to-Cash and Services & Client Support IT Systems CIO application suite. Provide guidance, strategic direction and technical support to ensure process compliance, performing business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Lead the "Windows Chapter" consisting of approximately 15 members
- Design, maintain and drive best of breed solutions across our 20+ VCS squads
- Engage as level two SME supporting 20+ VCS squads during business impacting major incidents
- Assess the impact of changes to systems, applications and infrastructure to determine requirements
- Configure and solve - DHCP, DNS, various network devices and services
- Performing Backup and Restore Operations
- Technical leadership in multiple key transformation programs to new data center.
- Provide Infrastructure support for the CIO Private, Public cloud migrations
- Support the migration of 500+ CIO applications from GTS environments to the new CIO Cloud data centers.
- Provide Infrastructure support for new application deployments, sunsets and decommissions.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in Windows Infrastructure.
- Proficient on VTAM, TCP/IP, APPN along with the process documentation
- Ability to provide technical direction and coordination to the resolver groups
- Experience on SCCM/System Center Configuration Manager
- Integration experience with AD/Active Directory and Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V
- Demonstrable ability in managing windows server 2008/2012/2016, L2.
- Proven expertise to respond to alerts - error indicators, error messages, failures, and peripheral malfunctions
- Validated expertise to create and manage user groups, renaming groups, deleting groups
- Experience in high availability environment and alignment to process (ITIL)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking
- Focused on innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Familiarity with industry tools such as ServiceNow, Jira, PagerDuty, and Ansible
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible High availability Jira Virtualization VMware Windows
Job region(s): North America