Senior Cloud Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our growing, innovative Paymode-X line of business at Bottomline. This role is pivotal in the success of our DevOps culture, with a focus on automation and streamlining processes in a very fast-paced SaaS based environment.
This position can be based out of an open location in the United States
How you’ll contribute:
- Working closely with the Development, QA, DBA’s, System Administration, Networking, and Cloud Infrastructure teams to ensure the successful development and rollout application and platform improvements.
- Defining and executing ongoing application performance, operation, and maintenance procedures.
- Problem diagnosis and resolutions
- Participating in after-hours-on-call rotation
What will make you successful:
- 3-5+ years of previous related experience (systems, application or DevOps)
- 3-5+ years of experience configuring and maintaining middleware and web/application environments
- General programming skills for automation of administrative actions
- Problem triage/solving skills and ability to work independently in order to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Experience with scripting languages: Bash, Ruby, Perl
- Experience with containerization and management of using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Flux, Argo, or similar
- Experience with configuration management and CI/CD and related tools like Terraform, Puppet, Jenkins, Capistrano, GitLab or similar
- Experience with application / system monitoring and logging using tools like Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana or similar
- High level of comfort working with the Linux command line.
- Familiarity with Java application technologies like Tomcat, Spring Boot, JBoss, or similar
- Familiarity with SQL scripting
- Understanding of fundamental security principles for network traffic and third-party software
- Familiarity with web server (Apache) and SSL Certificate management, preferred as is experience/understanding of Service Mesh Technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or, equivalent work experience
You’ll love Bottomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBT