DevOps focused Release Engineer
At Appian, we build awesome software that is used by our customers across the globe.
Become a critical part of daily Engineering execution by joining our Release Operations team, where you will drive the activities required to orchestrate and continually ship Appian software across multiple regions and languages at scale. You will leverage and improve on the fully automated build/test/deploy system that Appian uses for its software development, and manage its CI/CD DevOps pipeline. You will leverage your technical experience and provide support for administration and extension of release management infrastructure including JIRA, eazyBI, Github/Gitlab, Jenkins, and Appian. You will drive collaboration and coordination with organizations outside of Engineering involved in releases, including Customer Support, Cloud Operations and external translation partners. You will work with the internal development teams to assess and prioritize the requirements for web and mobile releases, weekly internal releases, hotfixes, and translations, and design/build/deploy new automation for all aspects of our release operations.
- Continually identify and address areas of improvement for release operations activities to reduce manual cost, time, and potential for human error
- Identify and contribute to the automation of every aspect of our operational activities, and help us in our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Develop, extend, and maintain Engineering JIRA workflows as well as JIRA reports using native abilities and eazyBI reporting plugin
- Own and coordinate internal releases between Cloud and Engineering and release of weekly product hotfixes with Solution Engineering and Product Engineering teams
- Act as the point of escalation for issues and risks to the release, ensuring action items are assigned to owners and driven to resolution
- Coordinate ongoing translation exports and imports with translation partner
- Create new tools to increase departmental visibility into product quality, performance and releasability
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering and trends including CI/CD
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency working in and administering an issue tracking system such as JIRA
- Experience in product delivery (CI/CD pipelines, Agile, Metrics dashboards, etc.)
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.