Lead DevOps Engineer
East Coast, US or United Kingdom
Posted 1 month ago
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
WHO WE ARE
The team you will be working on is responsible for making the CloudBees CI releases happen, using CloudBees CI, in a predictable and uneventful way.
Our team aims at being a catalyzer rather than a gatekeeper. For this, we provide and continuously improve automation and tooling so developers can self serve and we deliver value iteratively to customers in a fast and safe manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work in a rapidly iterating team in an agile environment to provide incremental features to the internal (software engineering team) and external customers
- Support critical applications and infrastructure, able to troubleshoot independently and create novel solutions
- Work closely with related teams in the company to bring a culture of automation and self-service, in an inclusive and thoughtful manner
- Streamline software development by implementing reusable tooling for CI/CD pipelines and automating manual processes and associated developer tooling
- Participate in code review process, challenging others to be excellent
- Mentor more junior team members
- Continuously assess our pipelines and drive changes that will improve cycle times, decrease failure rates, reduce recovery times and remove complexity
- Incorporate developer requests and suggestions in the design and improvement of our pipelines
WHO YOU ARE
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Expert in Jenkins
- 5+ years of software engineering and related experience in implementing devops practices.
- Strong experience in implementing end-to-end devops pipelines, especially pipeline creation/management for CI/CD, continuous testing, deployment automation, leveraging pipeline automation, and custom job creation
- Nice to have: experience orchestrating cloud resources with Terraform
- Docker / container orchestration experience
- Experience working in one of the various cloud providers – AWS or GCP
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills, and ability to deliver impactful changes that largely go beyond the team’s boundaries
- Java language knowledge is a plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.