Platform Engineering Manager
Bogotá - Bogota, Colombia
Posted 1 month ago
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Productivity Engineering team delivers force-multiplying software solutions that enable all Twilio engineers to ship products with elite performance - fast and with confidence. At the heart of our product offering is the tool chain managing the most valuable technology asset of Twilio - the source code. Our source code management system and tools are the most critical parts of the engineering tool chain as it provides the interface for developers to ship changes to Twilio’s customers..
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers that owns and innovates the tools to manage and protect all Twilio’s source code. Your team will materially influence how engineers engage in the software development process and fuel this strategically-differentiating capability for the entire company.
Twilio is looking for an engineering leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of successfully building platform systems for the internal engineering customer. They also have:
- 5+ years of engineering management experience in building and scaling a team
- 5+ years of experience in source code management system administration and integration into the developer’s experience.
- 5+ years of experience in agile processes. Ideally, you have completed formal Agile training and have managed a Scrum team.
- 5+ years of experience with at least one of the following solutions: build frameworks (mvn, gradle etc), CI/CD Systems (Github Actions, Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis, CircleCi), Artifact repositories (Yum, Nexus, pypi, Artifactory, NPM)
- 5+ years of experience with OOP (e.g. Java), and infrastructure design / coding skills
- 3+ years of experience with IaaS (e.g. Amazon EC2 or similar elastic computing facilities)
As a Engineering Manager on the Productivity Engineering team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Build and grow a team of hardworking engineers as they deliver the Source Code Management tooling to make Twilio successful. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability in delivering software changes..
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- BE BOLD: Be hands-on with the engineering team - contributing to the code base in the early days of the team and product.
- DON’T SETTLE: Institute development standard methodologies to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Be intellectually honest when evaluating tools, conducting due diligence, and determining development strategy and execution within your team.
The Productivity Engineering team is central to Twilio’s focus on the customers. We work closely with senior engineering leadership and product teams to guide engineering practices for optimal velocity and quality. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating and implementing solutions for source code management, build and testing and artifact management which perform an integral role to an efficient and confident continuous integration and delivery solution. Our team enables success for Twilio by saving engineering time and efforts.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bogota office. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.