Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Networking
San Francisco, CA; Austin, Texas
ThousandEyes, a part of Cisco, empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Gain experience with every cloud on the market, working at ThousandEyes, a part of Cisco! Our product is meant for networking specialists and we know what a good one is like! Come join us!
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale. ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
We’re looking for talented and highly proficient Site Reliability Engineers ideally with a networking background.
Site Reliability Engineers at ThousandEyes are responsible for building and operating our production network, ensuring network scalability and reliability across many cloud providers as well as our world-spanning network of monitoring systems as well as developing and deploying tools to help manage and monitor our network. ThousandEyes has major products based on BGP, and having skilled networking specialists is essential.
What we are looking for:
- You’re an expert on AWS networking solutions- VPCs, Elastic IPs, Elastic Network Interfaces, Security Groups, etc.
- You have an understanding of Kubernetes networking paradigms - Flannel, Istio etc.
- You know Terraform or a similar language
- Are a fast learner and comfortable working with new technologies
- You have an exceptional understanding of network fundamentals, BGP, DNS, TCP/IP, and the inner workings of the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with DDOS mitigation techniques
- IDS, IPS & Cloud Network Hardening
- Go, Python
Our infrastructure technology stack: