Customer Reliability Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
Astronomer is a rapidly growing startup with the mission to build the next generation of data orchestration. We run the world’s most successful Apache Airflow as-a-service offering (Astronomer Cloud), and offer enterprises licensing to run our PaaS on their Kubernetes clusters (Astronomer Enterprise).
We are looking for a talented Customer Reliability Engineer to join our Customer Experience Organization with a focus on bringing reliability engineering practices to our customers. While this role is similar to a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will have more opportunities to tackle critical end user experience concerns, while improving reliability and serviceability of the product through direct interactions with our Development and Product teams.
We're approaching customer service with a fresh, proactive mindset that requires motivated, dedicated individuals to help us define what the future of customer support should be.
- Participate remotely within a fully distributed team
- Use our ticketing system to triage and prioritize customer issues, keeping SLAs in mind
- Collaborate directly with customers via video and in writing
- Utilize your systems engineering or administration experience while helping customers to optimally build, run, and manage production data pipelines
- Premium Ops (Kubernetes, cloud) and Dev (Airflow) engagements with strategic customers or partners. You will own this experience for the customer and provide “white glove” guidance to address concerns they have on their path to production.
- Participate in on-call rotation for weekend coverage (24 hour rotating shifts)
Skills we're looking for
Must have one or more of the following:
- Production infrastructure experience (3-4 years)
- Cloud (one or all of: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Airflow/Big Data orchestration experience (3-4 years)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong customer facing attitude
- Loves problem solving
- Previous experience with customer support / customer success
Nice to have:
- Linux administration/engineering experience
- Bash and/or Python scripting
- Application/SaaS support experience
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.