Senior DevOps Consultant-Ansible
Bucharest, Bucuresti, RO
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As part of our cient's devops team you will be responsible for building and setting up new tools and infrastructure, work on automating recurrent tasks around infrastructure and processes, identify technical problems and deploy software updates and fixes, monitor to ensure platform availability, provide operational support for clients and developers by following service management best practices.
- Resolve problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software.
- Monitor system performance and ensures compliance with security standards.
- User management using single user and active directory domains.
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
Process Automation (Ansible):
- Automate processes like deployments, user management, OS and application fix patches
- Maintain and update existing scripts and automation libraries.
- Provide support for development team by administering git pipelines.
- Assist end users with uploading their own code to git and deployment.
- Maintain and update existing repositories.
- Provide incident and service request support for end-users and other UCB teams.
- Work with vendors to support existing tools.
- Provide support in fixing defects and implementing new features.
- Create reports that reflect platform availability and governance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working experience as Linux Administrator (mandatory, RedHat 7 or 8 prefered).
- Working experience with Ansible (mandatory, or at least equivalents like puppet, chef or otter).
- Shell scripting knowledge (mandatory, phyton prefered).
- Experience with Git version control (Azure DevOpsVisual or Studio Team Services prefered or equivalent bitbucket, github, etc).
- Working knowledge with infrastructure monitoring tools (Zabbix prefered, but it can also be Nagios).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts.
- Basic knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP.
- Basic knowledge of Rstudio server pro (very nice to have, this is the main application we support)
- Basic knowledge of Jupyter (jupyterlab, notebooks)
- Knowledge in service management best practices (nice to have)
- Familiar with Agile and Devops concepts and practices.
- Familiar with technical writting (create and maintain operational documents)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Azure Chef Git LDAP Linux Puppet RedHat VMware
Job region(s): Europe