IBM DevSecOps Developer - Ballarat
Ballarat, Victoria, AU
Posted 1 month ago
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM DevSecOps Developer - Ballarat
- Work in a role where no two days are the same
- Work in a collaborative agile environment
- Permanent position, based in Ballarat
We are the trusted partner for Australia and New Zealand’s businesses and governments as they reinvent using cloud, AI and blockchain within a secure environment. Our clients succeed because of our world-leading researchers, engineers and designers and our deep industry expertise. We celebrate our diversity and unite in our passion for IBM. We are #anewIBM
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
DevOps is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that increases an organization's ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity: evolving and improving products at a faster pace than organizations using traditional software development and infrastructure management processes. This speed enables organizations to better serve their customers and compete more effectively in the market. A DevOps Developer in a Global Infrastructure domain engages in a wide variety of cloud migration and cloud adoption projects using the DevOps model for users of our services and partners, providing collective experience from across the IBM Cloud customer base. We're obsessed about delivering strong success for our users, and use DevOps models, practices, and tools along with expertise from across CIO to provide users with the best possible outcomes.
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
- Manage problem identification
- Work with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
- Ability to automate test and deploy the code and monitor.
- Work in close coordination with the development and operations team such that the application is in line with performance according to the customer's expectation.
- Manage Infrastructure.
- Drive incidents/ RCA/ the corrective and preventive actions to closure.
- Build common tooling to solve problems, automate and ensure problems are not repeated.
What skills will I need?
- C Sharp & NET Core experience
- Proficient in Restful Services and APIs
- Containerisation experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and CI/CD processes
- Experience using Atlassian toolset (Jira and Confluence)
- Experience working in an Azure Cloud environment
- Experience with open ID connect / OAuth is desirable
- Experience in automated testing is desirable - i.e. NUnit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What experience do I need?
- Minimum 3-6 years Application development
- Minimum 3-6 years Restful Services and APi development
- Minimum 2 years working with Agile methodologies
- Minimum 2 years Application development in a Cloud environment
- Repeated, successful application of the skills with demonstrable results
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Azure C CD CI Docker Jira Kubernetes
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific