Staff Reliability Analyst
San Francisco, CA
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Fleet Reliability Data Analyst to join the Autonomous Vehicle Development Team. This role will be expected to support the Vehicle Development team in creating a world-class program to mitigate risks associated with vehicle issues. This person will build tools and processes to support the identification of new issues, categorize and triage issues as they are reported, and follow up relentlessly as we drive issues to closure.
As a staff reliability data analyst you will develop accurate and actionable reliability performance metrics and reporting. You will work with a large cross functional team to create the data pipelines that enable effective analytics for reliability (suppliers, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, IT, Data Infrastructure, Data Science, Field Engineering, Vehicle Test, Failure Analysis). Your partnership with these partner functions will drive impactful engineering prioritization, and your will work will have direct visibility from Hardware Engineering leadership.
Your work will enable vehicle level, system level, and component level reliability targets and issue prioritization. You will create specific analyses for key reliability metrics (Mean Time Between Failure, Weibull, Warranty Analysis, FIT Rate Over Time).
Day-to-day responsibilities include
- Help shape the vision for developing tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues; work with cross-functional teams to build and automate tools
- Build tools to automate the issue capture and reporting process
- Build data pipelines to enable retrieving, analyzing and reporting fleet data
- Develop interactive dashboards that can provide meaningful insights and actionable recommendations to end users
- Perform statistical analysis of fleet data to quantify risk and drive decision making
- Balance resources and prioritize work for the team to meet goals and metrics. Actively monitor open issues across the fleet
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with cross-functional groups, management, technicians, operators and engineers
- Drive a culture of safety at all times
- Automation of data queries so that data and dashboards can be implemented with real time data
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in automotive, marine, robotics, consumer electronics, or aerospace industries (leveling will be dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- Prior experience in developing reliability data strategy, preferably in an automotive, aerospace, robotics, consumer electronics, or marine setting
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Expert knowledge of Python including pandas, numpy and scipy
- Experience in data visualization techniques for reliability
- General knowledge of statistics
- Familiarity with reliability testing for
- Power Electronics
- Low Voltage Electrical (harnesses, connectors)
- Thermal management systems
- Strong intuition regarding prioritization and escalation of issues
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change
- Self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite
- Passion for autonomous technology and growing and mentoring teams
- Advanced degree
- Previous experience in reliability statistics
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Atlassian Software
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.