Site Reliability Engineer
San Diego, CA
Posted 1 month ago
GoSite creates simplified technology for the small businesses that drive America’s economy. Our software empowers them to have everything they need in one place to connect with their customers in the digital era. Our cloud based suite of mobile and web tools transforms the way our customers run their business, on the go and everywhere.
GoSite is proud to hold the honors and awards from several industry leaders and community partnerships. GoSite is a 2020 award winner of the Inc. 500 Best Places to Work in the US, 2019 SDBJ Best Places to Work, 2019 SDVG Cool Company, 2017 and 2018 SDBJ Top 100 Fastest Growing Company, and two time award winner of the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Company in the US. Additionally, check out our Comparably page for 2019 and upcoming 2020 awards to include accolades of diversity, leadership and training.
GoSite is rapidly expanding and excited to be in search of a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team of talented and passionate engineers. Our team has a relentless pursuit of delivering world-class software that empowers and delights our customers in a way that no other solution has ever done. This person will be a core member of our engineering team to help maintain and improve large-scale fault-tolerant system infrastructure to ensure appropriate reliability and uptime, while proactively managing systems capacity and performance. If you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn, build and grow your career, there’s no better place than GoSite.
- Contributes to a team of engineers to deliver highly available, self-service-based SRE solutions.
- Owns and manages our production environments.
- Owns and manages monitoring and alerting.
- Responds to production events such as incidents and alerts.
- Educates and evangelizes modern SRE methodologies to the engineering team.
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- 2+ years of related experience
- Extensive AWS experience.
- Strong Linux/Unix background.
- Experience with container-based technologies such as Docker, ECS and Kubernetes.
- Well versed with different deployment strategies such as Blue-Green, Canary and etc.
- Experience with implementing synthetic testing.
- Experience using and configuring CICD using solutions such as GitLab, CircleCI or JenkinsX.
- Experience owning and configuring monitoring and alerting using Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, Prometheus, or Cloudwatch.
- Experience in building infrastructure to eliminate work through automation.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company stock options
- Generous personal time / vacation + sick time + paid holidays + paid birthday
- 401k with company match
- Company paid monthly gym or ClassPass membership
- Free snacks, beverages, catered meals and happy hour events
- Open concept and modern work environment
- An inclusive, tight knit, exciting start-up environment culture that offers accelerated career & personal growth
GoSite is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at GoSite are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.