Senior Systems Engineer / DevOps REMOTE
Remote - Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Posted 1 month ago
Stuart (Geopost) is the leading eco-friendly delivery company that connects retailers and e-merchants to a fleet of geo-localised couriers on bike, electrical mopeds, natural-gas vehicles but also pedestrians. Our mission: Logistics for a sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable, as conscious consumers value more and more environmental responsibility besides speed of delivery and convenience.
We are a melting-pot of 400 people of 40+ different nationalities across France, the UK, Spain, and most recently: Poland! In 2020 we doubled in size and continue to grow strong.
Thanks to our business-to-business (B2B) applications, we empower 2000+ companies such as Carrefour, Zalando, Nike, Monoprix, Decathlon, Apple, Just Eat... by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We deliver all types of goods: Food, Grocery, Retail, Pharma, etc.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer / DevOps who will focus on automation and optimization of the platform's development management lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to work fully REMOTE if you want to!
Our infrastructure in AWS is managed, among others, with Terraform, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Packer, Docker, Git(Hub), Python, Spinnaker and Jenkins.
You will report to our Head of DevOps Davide and be part of a team of 8 Senior & Junior DevOps Engineers based in Spain.
- Build tools to deploy, monitor and maintain our highly available, mission critical cloud infrastructure, defining everything as code. This includes pipelines, templates and scripting in different languages.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Be available for extra paid on-duty shifts (approximately 1 week per month)
- Write useful documentation in your own projects
- 🌈 Add to our amazing company culture that you can uncover here
Some of the specific challenges you will tackle
- Handle variable load patterns and rapidly increasing demand through elastic system design
- Help improving our existing immutable infrastructure
- Take monitoring and observability to a new level by implementing Prometheus
- Manage our development Kubernetes clusters and help productionize some of them
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and scripting in bash/python
- Extensive experience with a public cloud provider, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Experience with automation and configuration management using i.e. Ansible and infrastructure as code with Terraform.
- Experience with Docker and knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service
We don’t expect you to know everything: attitude and willingness to learn are the keys ;-)
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: (full) remote options, flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities, mentorship, access to Tech conferences, individual budget training...
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private medical insurance
- Transparency around salaries and career progression
- Team-Buildings, regular events, engineering off-sites, global offsite (Ibiza in 2019)
Want to learn more about us? https://stuart.com/about-us/
After reading all this, just a few last but important words: we want you to take on a role you love and we want you to come to a place you’re proud and happy to work every day 💙!
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.