Infrastructure Specialist - Hybrid Cloud Projects - Linux
Katowice, Slaskie, PL
Posted 1 month ago
Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Practice (HCI) - part of Technology Consulting & Implementation Service Organisation (TC&IS) within IBM is now hiring!
We are looking for experienced Tech SME advanced in the Unix/Linux technology. Take your career further with IBM’s Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice. Be part of an advanced Tech Team that helps our clients to transform.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Practice (HCI) within Technology Consulting & Implementation Service Organisation (TC&IS) is now hiring!
You celebrate technology, embrace diversification and sophistication of work.
You would like to collaborate globally and significantly contribute to complex projects.
You want to have a chance to develop your technical skills according to the latest technologies on the market.
Why not have it all?
IBM is looking for experienced professionals for its TC&IS organization!
If you are a team player with a "CAN-DO" attitude, self-driven and ready for new challenges, apply NOW!
- Experienced Tech SME wanted!
- Project work only (no stand-bys)
- Multiple Markets & Various Clients
- Focus on education - reskill & upskill
- Cloud environment and development
- Internal and external training and certifications
- Upskilling programs, wide possibilities of skills’ development
- Multisport card
- Private medical package (Medicover) and insurance package
- Fresh fruits in the office
- Cinema, ski, and mountain trips for IBMers
- Holiday camps for children
- Discounts for IBMers (for a wide range of services/products)
- Social Fund benefits
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as Linux Administrator / SME
- Very good knowledge of RHEL 6 / 7 / 8
- Storage management - RAID, LVM, iSCSI, NFS configuration
- Linux services management
- Bash or Python scripting languages
- User & group management
- Linux networking & security
- Virtualization fundamentals - VMware, KVM, RHEV
- Automation with Ansible - a basic level at least
- Red Hat performance analysis
- Red Hat installation with kickstart
- Linux Security hardening
- Good English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical proficiency coupled with clear client communication
- Integration with directory services like LDAP, Active Directory, etc.
- Linux High Availability / Clustering services - deployment, configuration & troubleshooting
- Familiar with security standards like CIS, DISA, PCI-DSS, etc.
- Good knowledge of KVM, libvirt, ovirt (RHEV)
- Good knowledge of Red Hat Sattelite
- Create Ansible Playbooks
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Bash High availability LDAP Linux Python Unix Virtualization VMware
Job region(s): Europe