Senior Infrastructure Architect (Recovery services)
Moscow, Moscow, RU
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- This specialty concentrates on the assessment and design of infrastructures using Infrastructure Services to support the applications, business processes and recovery objectives required by the client.
Included in the focus areas is the critical evaluation and selection of the software and hardware components of the infrastructure to meet client availability, recovery, continuity and resilient business objectives.
Best practices in this specialty use various techniques including architectural patterns. Infrastructure Architects are responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure. Additionally, Architects in this specialty provide IBM Resiliency Services Practice leadership in IBM by participating in or leading IBM Resiliency Services Practices improvement projects.
Knowledge in IT architecture, experience in development and hands-on implementation of various IT infrastructure solutions including HA clusters. Proven ability to write technical IT architecture documents. Hands-on experience with implementation and support of IT infrastructure with defined system performance and/or system availability parameters.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- IT Architecture design and documenting
- Leading tech team in implementation
- Expertise in HA clustering (node configuration, SAN, HA/backup SW)
- Knowledge and experience in DC infrastructure technologies (Hardware, Operating Systems & Network Technologies as components of Infrastructure solutions). Proven list of technologies can include storages (IBM Storwize or others), SAN components (Brocade, Cisco), Intel based or other servers (different Linux OS), SQL servers (some of: MS SQL Oracle, Postgres etc), VMware (or other) products for virtualization, monitoring (f.e Zabbix), logging (f.e ELK), automation (f.e Ansible), knowledge on some or different Network components
- English language fluently
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.
- Web server and application server deployment experience
- Knowledge in OS Cloud Architecture, Container platforms, micro-service architecture (Kubernetes Openshift, OpenStack etc)
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible ELK Kubernetes Linux Node OpenStack Oracle Postgres SQL Virtualization VMware