Senior Ansible Automation Engineer (Remote)
pureIntegration is looking for a senior Senior Ansible Automation Engineer with Ansible Tower experience to join our team in support of a customer engagement that is initially 6 weeks, with potential to grow into a longer engagement. The initial responsibility of the engineer will be to create automation to support a rolling reboot process of Windows-based web infrastructure spread across multiple datacenters that require long time durations to attrition users. The process requires not only automation of Windows-based systems, but external load balancers.
This will also be an opportunity to introduce Ansible concepts for configuration management to a team who maintains critical highly available applications, and could lead to longer duration engagements to standardize deployment and ongoing desired state / configuration management of those applications.
Successful candidates should have expert level knowledge in development of Ansible automation content that will work in an Ansible Tower-based environment.
- Act as an Ansible and DevOps / Automation subject matter expert during the customer engagement
- Ansible Playbook / Role design in a highly secure and regulated environment
- Guidance in the use of Ansible Tower to deploy and run the automation developed
- Ansible Tower Workflow designs
- Ansible playbook and role development and testing in non-production environments, as well as migration to production environments
- Technical leadership and guidance in design, deployment, operations, and knowledge transfer to the end client
- Creation of technical documentation
Job Location: Remote
Duration: 6 weeks with possibility of extensions
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Equivalent
- 5+ years experience in Automation and DevOps
- 3+ years experience working with Ansible, including Ansible in a Windows environment
- 2+ years experience working with Ansible Tower
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience using Git for Ansible source control
- Experience with the software development life cycle
- Experience working in a Healthcare environment
- Experience with other DevOps platforms and tools - Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, CircleCI, Artifactory
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts
- Strong scripting sills (Bash, Python, Ruby, Go)
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to see the big picture, not just the piece you are working on
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.