Senior DevOps Engineer
Remote - United States
Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.About the Opportunity: The DevOps Engineer develops and manages software continuous deployment and integration processes, alerting and monitoring frameworks and builds and maintains the systems and network infrastructure hosted in our AWS environment. This role involves building and maintaining our dockerized environments, ensuring sufficient capacity for traffic spikes and monitoring system health and performance across the entire stack from load balancers to databases. This position works closely with our internal software developers, external partners and service providers to ensure our systems are stable, reliable and provide a fast, responsive experience for our customers. Accountabilities:
- Build, maintain and optimize a multi-tier software packaging and code deployment system
- Develop automation scripts for provisioning and auto-scaling of infrastructure
- Ensure 99.999% uptime and availability of key production systems and supporting infrastructure
- Monitor system performance and log data; look for precursors to issues before they become bigger problems
- Apply aggressive systems security best practices and ensure accurate logging and alerting of security-related issues
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to ensure smooth deployment of software changes and work with project teams on major infrastructure overhauls and upgrades
- Stay up-to-date on all current and future AWS services and tools and provide guidance and evangelism on how best to make use of cloud infrastructure to support company growth
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and Ansible
- Strong background working within a public cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- 5+ years of experience managing web scale infrastructure using modern technologies and DevOps principles
- Strong practice using Infrastructure as Code/infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, Bash, Chef, Ansible or Capistrano).
- Experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Exposure to HIPAA or other compliance-based settings
- A strong understanding of networking fundamentals including DNS, load balancing, proxies and firewalls.
- Expertise in Kubernetes, both as a client as well as owner of the platform.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: email@example.com
Have someone to refer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit their details to us.