Infrastructure Architect, Shared Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is looking for an Infrastructure Architect to lead the design effort for technical projects and core infrastructure.
- Create and drive architectural road maps for the company’s engineering infrastructure.
- Lead projects working with cross-functional teams to build and execute solutions.
- Collaborate with different teams to come up with unified solutions with a focus on efficiency and productivity.
- Improve and if necessary, replace existing systems while maintaining service availability and meeting SLOs.
- Integrate new solutions into existing systems.
- Deploy experimental solutions that meet emerging business needs.
- To summarize, bring the digital transformation to Pure engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
Education & experience:
- 10 plus years of technical leadership experience while staying hands-on in the development for Cloud and On Prem Infrastructure.
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrate ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire SDLC, delivering products to market on schedule, and ensuring feedback loops from customers into development.
- You're expert in a scripting language like Python, Ruby or Perl.
- Fluent in multiple operating systems. Linux is a must.
- Background and experience working with and establishing a DevOps/SRE team, practices, and culture.
- Familiar with various architectural frameworks/methodologies.
- Competent with data driven analytics and tools.
- Deep understanding of Software-defined Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of managing mission critical infrastructure in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
Strong execution skills:
- Ability to plan, outline and publish professional technical documents.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and cross-functionally within the company.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks within a dynamic work environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.