Senior Software Engineer, Authentication Infrastructure (Trust)
San Francisco, United States
What is Trust at Airbnb?
Over two million people stay on Airbnb every night and the Trust Engineering team keeps our hosts and guests safe and supported throughout the entire Airbnb experience.
As part of the Trust Engineering team you will be in charge of designing and building scalable and robust systems to detect and mitigate fraud across our entire platform. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services in close collaboration with product, data science and operations teams to understand ever evolving attack vectors and to make Airbnb the most safe and trusted community.
There are still many unsolved problems to tackle in both online and offline risk, and we're looking for talented engineers to solve these challenges with us.
What is a Backend Engineer on Trust at Airbnb?
This team is responsible for building the next version of Authentication Infrastructure to power authentication across all applications at Airbnb. The Authentication Infrastructure team provides a central infrastructure to securely authenticate all Airbnb users, while also enabling Airbnb to expand globally by offering various localized authentication mechanisms.
As a Backend Engineer on the Authentication Infrastructure team, you will have an opportunity to build a next generation of an authentication platform to support all existing and emerging authentication mechanisms across Airbnb. This includes growing our business through expanding and localizing our authentication methods, streamlining internal application access through OAuth, as well as improving operational efficiency by providing pre-authentication mechanisms. You will be working with high throughput distributed systems, as our new authentication platform is expected to scale and serve all authentication checks across Airbnb. In addition, you will collaborate with various teams to support their authentication needs, learn about different authentication mechanisms used in the industry, and contribute to how we can leverage authentication to fight fraud while driving growth at Airbnb.
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience with Java / Scala is preferred
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
- Experience or desire to work on machine learning algorithms and end-to-end model development
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, operations, and research partners.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.