[Summer Internship 2021] Software Engineer Intern, Site Reliability Engineer Team (SRE)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Software Engineer in SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) is a part of data team who developing solutions for analytic production incidents, we are working close with our DevOps engineers, NOC, QA, and service owners to improve system reliability with an emphasis on safe deployment and monitoring with anomaly detection technique.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- A chance to contribute internal products and use the languages like Python, Scala, Golang, data technologies like MSSQL, ElasticSearch, and Kafa and agile development practices.
- Improve system reliability with an emphasis on safe deployment
- Provide alert and monitoring solution with anomaly detection technique.
- You must employ CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime
- Think about the full life cycle of our products, and not just about a single piece of code - from product requirements, technology selection to coding standards, agile development, testing, deployment and monitoring
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any related fields
- Familiar with basics of Object-oriented and/or Functional programming
- Familiar with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Good English communication skill
- Ready to learn fast
It's Great if you have:
- Practical knowledge with Python, Scala, Java, C#, or Golang
- You have built some back-end applications and services.
- Familiar with data platforms like MSSQL, ElasticSearch or Kafka. You understand that different applications have different data requirements
- DevOps automation tools like Git for source code management, Teamcity/Jenkins for Continuous Integration, Docker in Continuous Deployment, and Grafana/ELK for monitoring.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/.