Senior DevOps Engineer
MakeSpace is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us scale our products and lead our engineering teams. We’re making space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience and full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We’re looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our technology team. You’ll be managing a set of growing engineering solutions and will help us scale our product capabilities and business in cities across North America. You will work directly with our CTO and other DevOps engineers to build structures and release processes.
You can expect to:
- Help bolster systems that dynamically respond to load, usage and event processing.
- Identify, monitor, and help fix performance and quality bottlenecks across the whole stack.
- Working with infrastructure as code via Ansible/Terraform
- Working with containerization within a Kubernetes (K8s) ecosystem
- Working with CI/CD tools and build pipelines
- Create and maintain developer tooling to minimize errors and maximize reuse.
- Own deployment tooling to maximize speed and frequency of releases.
- Expand on internal developer tooling and documentation
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or relevant engineering or ops experience.
- Cloud computing experience, preferably AWS, including AWS value added services in addition to basic compute/db resources. Bare metal experience also a plus
- Deep experience with Github, CI tools like Jenkins and CM tools like Chef, Ansible.
- You continually learn and strive towards being the best software engineer you can be.
- Experience with an agile release schedule in a CD environment.
- Someone who is comfortable walking the line between techops and developer productivity tooling.
- You have proven understanding and competence building systems and automation with tools like Bash, Python, Ruby, or Java.
- Bonus points if you have experience running containers or Kubernetes in production.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach and step outside of your comfort zone.
- Generous and flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunch, unlimited snacks, beer, cold brew on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
- A competitive base salary and a 401(k) with matching
Our existing tech stack is a React and Python app, with MySQL/Aurora/Redis, composed of a monolith as well as newer services that’s deployed using Terraform/Ansible running on AWS and using Celery, RabbitMQ for async communications.
Our company culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. While our culture was built by sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry, we expect you to contribute to our culture to make it even better—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.