Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Certificate Authority
Arizona - Remote
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
As a Certificate Authority (CA), GoDaddy is one of a handful of companies that provides the trust that the internet is built upon. The GoDaddy CA currently issues certificates for websites, code executables, and even operating system drivers. This type of security is critical to all businesses as it provides a way to secure data and provide assurances of security to their customers. As the world pushes for more devices and services to be online based, providing a high standard for digital security becomes critical.
The PKI Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for an experienced system administrator to join their team. The focus of this team is supporting the PKI development group and their applications as well as designing, improving and maintaining infrastructure for the PKI environment.
This role can be located remote in the Phoenix area with ability to travel to the AZ offices (Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale) as needed. The Manager resides in Gilbert.
What you'll get to do
- Conduct performance analysis and monitoring of multiple applications tiers and environments
- Identify, assist in planning and implement solutions that continually improves performance
- Identify, assist in creating and maintain automation which allows for self-healing and incident resolution
- Code contributions in languages such as Python and Bash
- Alert response for performance related thresholds
- Address security vulnerabilities and production outages within strict SLA’s
- On-call rotations and Incident call handling
Your experience should include
- 5 years’ system experience to include:
- Configuration management with Puppet OR Salt
- Heavy experience with *Nix systems (primary focus on RHEL/CentOS)
- Running Tomcat OR similar Java applications
- Strong experience with TCP/IP and the Network stack functions
- Skilled with Bash scripting
- Experience troubleshooting server related issues
- Be comfortable working within a strictly regulated environment and following set internal and external mandatory policies
- Exhibits critical thinking in approach and implementation of job duties
- Exhibits good communication skills (ie. Written, verbal, documentation)
You might also have
- Experience with MySQL query syntax
- Basic understanding of how a PKI hierarchy is setup
- Basic understanding of certificate validation processes (ie. OCSP, CRL)
- Experience with virtualization technology (Docker, VMWare, OpenStack, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with using HSMs (Hardware Security Modules)
- Experience with Algorithms, including RSA, AES, ECDSA
- Experience with other scripting languages (Go, Ruby, Python, Groovy, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience troubleshooting production issues in a geo-distributed application with a focus on data integrity
- Experience working with container systems (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Prior work using any of the following: Hadoop, Hive, ElasticSearch, Kibana, LogStash, Openstack, Jenkins
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.