Deployment Manager ‐ Finance Transformation
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
We are about to initiate an end to end Transformation programme called Darwin which includes the implementation of a new ERP and EPM platform, to improve Financial processes and to enable the functions to become a strategic partner to the business.
The successful candidate will create the “runbook” and facilitate the execution of a cutover plan to encompass all technical code and configuration; data to be migrated and work with the Change team within the programme on business readiness activities. The output from the role is to achieve at all levels a successful deployment to the live (Production) environment. The successful candidate will project manage and report on all activities, according to programme standards and business requirements.
They will facilitate a number of workshops to ensure a Cutover Schedule is fit for purpose at the time to switch on Production, manage a number of practice dress rehearsals and ultimately be the “Ringmaster” at Go Live.
What would I be doing?
- Establish an overall Cutover Schedule to ensure all streams of work can be delivered in the desired Cutover / Go Live window
- Define and socialise the principles to be used around Cutover
- Oversee the Data, Technical aspects of Cutover(create if not available) and work with the Change and Process Managers for the Business change aspects
- Establish and run Cutover Trials / Dress Rehearsals to ensure the end to end process is tested adequately and timed.
- Provide command and control around the entry into Cutover and Cutover Trials including exit Criteria and Lessons Learnt sessions
- During Cutover itself, be the central Co-Ordinator and focus point for all activities with regular reporting and appropriate escalation of issues where necessary
- Work with the Change and Process Managers, who will be responsible for performing job to role mapping, providing details for User Provision, confirmation of reconciliations and a ensuring all Users have the right communication and are trained
- Hand over to Business and support the transition to the BAU Support Model in Post Go Live activity
Please note, this role is a fixed term contract, finishing in May 2021.
What we are looking for
- Experience and understanding of Oracle Cloud/Fusion particular around Financials, Projects, Procurement and Supply Chain
- Previous experience of cutover management from at least 3 large projects
- People and real/virtual team building skills across multiple discipline resources (business & technical) especially during these COVID working practices.
- Knowledge of different business and technical impacts during the stages of Cutover e.g. data and process freeze activities
- Excellent communication skills within the team and external stakeholders
- Ability to draw on consulting expertise and knowledge base as required
- 8+ years of consulting with Implementation experience as client side advisor
This would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience and understanding of Oracle EPM suite and Integrations via OICS
- Functional Setup Manager experience within Oracle Cloud Applications
- Ability to audit and use tools such as Config Snapshot, Panaya or other similar products
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.