Test Automation Engineer
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Here at Mindera, we are continuously developing a fantastic team and would love it for you to join us. As an Automation Test Engineer you’ll be part of a dynamic team who are working towards a common goal to meet business requirements. If you like to break things and love a challenge, then we could be the company for you!
Based on the principles of self-management, Mindera is an organisation that believes building software can be fast and simple. We build high performance, resilient and scalable software systems to empower global businesses. We develop our projects by thinking Agile and building amazing things! We are proud of our work and we love to learn, whilst navigating through a collaborative environment.
We are looking for experienced automation engineers with an appetite for solving complex problems and build seamless user interactions to world-class standards. International expected travelling time varies according to project/ client and organisational needs: 0%-15% estimated.
You Rock At
- Breaking things and finding problems!
- Designing test scenarios, scripts or procedures that fit with the concepts of Test Automation and Continuous Delivery
- Creating resilient automated test suites to exercise Web and Mobile applications with tools like Selenium, Espresso, UI Automator, KIF or XCTest
- Being self-driven and working with little supervision towards a common team or company purpose.
- Being motivated to keep learning about test automation
- Exploratory testing skills
- Identifying and designing test scenarios, scripts or procedures that fit with the concepts of Test Automation
- Structuring and organising your test framework using a design model such as Page Object
- Proficiency with Browser's DevTools
- Code reviews
- Test automation frameworks, e.g. Selenium, Espresso, CXTest, Cucumber or others
- Using source control tools such as Git or SVN
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis or others
- Containerisation using Docker (a plus)
- Container orchestration using Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or Mesos
- Flexible working hours (self-managed)
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus, subject to company performance
- Access to Udemy online training and opportunities to learn and grow within the role
- 25 days holiday (+ bank hols), after 2 years of employment you are entitled to 1 additional day a year up to 30 days
- Private Medical Healthcare with Vitality
- Pension scheme
- 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Enhanced Maternity, shared parental and adoption leave and pay
- Conference budget
- Christmas party
- Annual company team-building trip
- Eye Test Voucher
- Autonomous working
- Retail Discounts Scheme
At Mindera we use technology to build products we are proud of, with people we love.
Software Engineering Applications, including Web and Mobile, are at the core of what we do at Mindera.
We partner with our clients, to understand their product and deliver high performance, resilient and scalable software systems that create an impact in their users and businesses across the world.
You get to work with a bunch of great people, where the whole team owns the project together.
Our culture reflects our lean and self-organisation attitude. We encourage our colleagues to take risks, make decisions, work in a collaborative way and talk to everyone to enhance communication.
We are proud of our work and we love to learn all and everything while navigating through an Agile, Lean and collaborative environment.
Our offices are located: Porto, Portugal | Aveiro, Portugal | Coimbra, Portugal | Leicester, UK | San Diego, USA | Chennai, India | Bengaluru, India
Mindera is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
No recruitment agencies please.