DevOps Engineer (Programming + Kubernetes + AWS)
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Job description summary:
The DevOps is responsible for crafting and delivering secure and highly available solutions. You will be a critical part of a team passionate about ensuring our critical services are ready and stress tested. You should be comfortable taking on new challenges, defining potential solutions and implementing designs in a team environment. This position will be expected to both guide and support the team’s growth and learning.
What You Will Accomplish:
- The DevOps engineer partners closely with Product, Engineering, Support, and OPS. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and continuous operation of the Personalization platform.
- You will take our existing platform to the next level with CI/CD, automated diagnostics/scaling/healing, and more.
- You will work on a team responsible for a blend of architecture, automation, development, and application administration.
- You will craft and deploy solutions from the infrastructure, to the network, and application layers, on public cloud platforms.
- You will ensure our SaaS platform is available and performing, and that we can notice problems before our customers.
- You will build the tools to improve speed, confidence and visibility of our SaaS deployments.
- You will help build security into every step of the software & infrastructure life cycle.
- You will collaborate with Support and Engineering on customer issues, as needed.
- Building and maintaining re-deployable cloud infrastructure;
- Working with distributed data infrastructure, including containerization and virtualization tools, to enable unified engineering and production environments;
- Developing dashboards, monitors, and alerts to increase situational awareness of the state of our production issues/sla/security incidents.
- Independently conceiving and implementing ways to improve development and operational efficiency, code reliability, and test fidelity.
- You will participate in a periodic on-call rotation
- 4-7 yrs of DevOps experience along with some Product Development experience.
- Hands on Experience with a modern programming language (Java, Python, Ruby, Go lang, PHP etc)
- Must have experience with common monitoring, log aggregation and metrics gathering platforms (Nagios, Sensu, Splunk, Sumologic et al.) and be able to come up with SLI/SLO.
- Must have experience with virtualization technologies (Kubernetes, and docker, etc)
- Familiarity with streaming (stream-based) architecture.
- Familiarity with AWS services such as Kinesis, DynamoDB, Cloudformation, CloudWatch, etc.
- Familiarity with common configuration management & orchestration tools (ansible, puppet, chef etc).
- Experience deploying, tuning, and maintaining Linux-based, highly available, fault-tolerant, and highly scalable platforms in public cloud providers such as AWS.
- Standard methodologies in InfoSec, SOC 2, HIPAA preferred.
- A DevOps mentality.
- The desire to resolve traditional operations problems through automation.
- Enjoy learning new tools, and languages.
- Enjoy a collaborative environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong customer focus.
- The ability to dig deep into infrastructure and code to address problems.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a commitment to learning, customer empathy, and team communication.
- A Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or experience in software engineering or a related field
- Has previously built or was involved in building a CI/CD Pipeline: +3 years
- Continuous delivery/integration tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker, Artifactory): +2 years
- Hands-on Unix/Linux knowledge: +5 years
- Writing scripts using Python, Unix Shell (bash,ksh): +5 years
- DevOps and/or build & release experience including delivery: +2 years
- Automation/configuration management using Ansible: +1 years
- DB/Data Platforms: Aurora/Mysql: +2 years
- AWS capabilities and architecture: +3 years
- Modern application monitoring tools: +2 years
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.