DevOps CICD Pipeline Engineer
Markham, Ontario, CA
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Satellite Link pipeline engineer is responsible for managing the internal pipeline to deploy all of the moving parts of Satellite link. Satellite link is core IBM technology to connect IBM public cloud to customer locations around the world. You will work closely with all of the developers of Satellite and Satellite Link to ensure timely and working delivery of all of the microservices.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and maintain automation to deploy Satellite Link microservices to IBM public cloud and customer environments.
- Contribute to the maintenance of security vulnerabilities and update the software with the pipeline to remove issues with vulnerabilities.
- Contribute to and integrate end to end testing to ensure new code rolled out does not break functionality.
- Create training materials for SREs and Developers on interacting with and consuming the pipeline as required.
- Work closely with development to improve the timeliness of rolling out new code and make it easier to interact with the pipeline.
- Address any issues with internal pipeline tools (primarily Travis)
- Pager Duty coverage for pipeline services for Satellite Link as required.
Who You Are:
- Excellent automation skills with strong ability to overcome technical challenges.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to teamwork. You have a volunteer spirit with a 'we succeed as a team' attitude.
- Able to be agile with dynamic schedules and priorities.
- Like to solve challenging problems and think of new ways to deliver better content to our clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Travis and CI/CD pipeline management
- Kubernetes production operations
- Public Cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP/IBM Public Cloud)
- Agile or continuous delivery development environment
- Ability to analyze and derive insights from quantitative and qualitative user feedback
- Open source software communities and development
- Security vulnerabilities
- Calling APIs and using SDKs
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Git or GitHub
- Experience working in an agile, squad-based, continuous delivery development model
- Programming in Node.js
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.