Technical Principal (Java/DevOps)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contino is a global technology transformation consultancy built on creating solutions for people by people. Our people (aka Contini's) are who we are and as a team we have delivered some amazing transformations around the globe, with some of the world's leading organisations.
These innovations have made everyday tasks such as banking, traveling and purchasing products online easier which we think is pretty cool!
No matter what the situation we are guided by our 4 values "One Team", "Own It", "Seek Solutions" and "Deliver Value".
From a technology standpoint we specialise in the following:
- Cloud platform build and migration
- Enterprise DevOps transformation
- DevSecOps and cloud security
- Cloud-native software development
- Data platforms and analytics
As a Technical Principal you are a tech leader who consults, architects, and helps both customers and other Contini's deliver quality engineering outcomes on each engagement they work on. Providing technical direction on the engagement, setting the best engineering practices, and ensuring everyone is delivering to the standards set.
You are key to how we help customers to adopt and operate our recommendations, ultimately 'transforming' businesses in a positive way. You understand what our customers are going through. As a trusted advisor and positive influencer, you will work with various technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels and help lead engineers throughout the delivery process, both with our customers and within Contino.
You’ll provide the method behind the magic, mentoring internal teams, creating technical specs and generally keeping projects on track. You’ll be pretty much indispensable and the glue between technology and the business, helping customers make the big transformations happen.
To be successful you will have
- Strong software application development experience with JAVA
- Must have Public cloud architecture experience (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience working in complex enterprise environments.
- Experienced in architecture design
- Experience working with or consulting to large enterprises
- Strong pre-sales and stakeholder management capabilities.
- Solid understanding of Microservices and APIs.
- Experienced with CI/CD pipelines, DevOps tooling and repository strategy.
- Proven leadership, mentoring and coaching experience across different skill levels, with the ability to confidently speak publicly both internally and externally
- Good market presence and be well-known in technical communities (i.e. part of Ambassador programs, active on LinkedIn, Medium, or Stackflow, meetups)
- Certification across one or more Cloud platforms such as: AWS / GCP / Azure.
What we offer you
The number one focus within Contino evolves around investing in our people, with benefits such as:
- A generous annual personal learning and development budget to support your career growth
- Offices across the world, opening up opportunities for you globally
- Paid parental leave, to ensure you have the support you need during one of life's most meaningful events
- Pick your own tech before you start - laptop, accessories and endless swag
- Community, health and wellbeing initiatives throughout the year
- Opportunities to attend various tech conferences, summits etc.
We also host regular meetups in our CBD office and run social events including team outings, lunch and learns, sports, team breakfast, back to base and more (now all virtually).
Contino is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates and supports our diversity. #WeAreContino