North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Spinvi is looking for a Cloud Engineer to focus on enterprise cloud and hybrid cloud solutions for a government client. The ideal candidate would be well-versed in various cloud offerings (e.g. AWS, Azure) and be capable of both iteratively engineering/architecting solutions that would consider and incorporate on-prem, hybrid, and cloud requirements. The position requires someone with both an exceptional engineering and programmatic execution background who possesses the polish and business acumen to be client and executive facing.
If you have substantive cloud, server, networking, virtualization, and storage experience necessary to architect and implement enterprise solutions, then we want to talk to you.
- Experience with Cloud Operations (AWS, Azure, or both) with substantive familiarity with configuring, troubleshooting, analyzing and successfully resolving issues with Windows servers. Linux experience a plus as well.
- Experience with cloud automation tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Experience with PowerShell and Python scripting
- Experience with data migration to cloud based environment (Azure SQL and Oracle RDS)
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of IT platform implementation experience and effectively managing multiple large-scale projects.
- Customer facing skills to represent Spinvi well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve issues on all tiers.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Microsoft Active Directory, Citrix and VMWare experience.
- 8570 Compliant
- Experience with containers (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience supporting AWS GovCloud and Azure Government solutions
- Experience migrating VMware Virtual Machines to AWS GovCloud Azure Government environments
- Experience with Azure Active Directory
- Knowledge of DISA MilCloud
- Knowledge of DOD Secure Cloud Computing Architecture
- Knowledge of migrating RDBMS systems to the Cloud
- Knowledge of McAfee HBSS and Tenable ACAS implementations
- Knowledge of Splunk Log management solution
- knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) preferred
- AWS Certified Architect - Associate Certification
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Security Clearance Required: Secret Level
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spinvi does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.